[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. And I'm not familiar with the kits in this photo and may be interested in them.
  3. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

call the Snowman
  4. The 1940 Miller mid-engine Indy car - variously known as the Gulf Miller or the Preston Tucker Special - is now on display at the Indy Museum with it's engine bonnet open . The car was a non-runner for many years and the subject of a long term Museum restoration. As you can see, I began to build me one - in 24th scale of course - [ we'll leave the 24th/25th scale debate for another time] these parts have sat quietly in this storage bin for several years - I was not satisfied with my suspension parts - and there were no contemporary photos of the engine bay ... The Dees Miller bible has great drawings and some famous black & whites - the shots of the engine are incredible but I'd sure like some good engine bay photos of the restored car and perhaps some more good shots of the driving compartment ... so ... those of you who live within a Firestones' throw of Indy - I have a request take me some pictures - post them her or send them to me - up to you I'll gladly pay your admit fee for the day !! now, hurry ! by the way - the wire wheels are Bradford's
  5. Auto quiz 363

After the tough one last week I hope that this will attract your interested. I think that you will find the car. As usual no hints or clues about the car. Please sent a PM with Year, Make and Type
  6. Hut Stricklen

very nice build sir ........... quite pretty
  7. I just read an article in the new Street Rodder. They mention 3 degrees up for trans and 3 down for diff. How do you find true horizontal...or does it matter? Thanks. Lee
  8. Another deFoosed Caddy

The deFoosed Caddy build has come to an end. I sure had a bunch of fun building it but I cut short of totally remaking the Caddy. I still think it accomplished the goal anyway. Here's a few pics of the finished ride.
  9. Motorcraft Glidden T-Bird

Thanks,,I went for a 2 tone finish,,red center mags,,annodized red outer rim,,its kindof different, I opened up the rear wheel wells also,,had to be able to see those giant revell slicks that came in the kit,,thanks for looking,,S
  10. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

more cold beer
  11. The Cartoon Network Monte Carlo III

... the third of the Cartoon Network Monte Carlos ..... Tom & Jerry
  12. Enhancing Tamiya Handy Drill

Hi, Well I'm unsure but it does include 2 chucks that fit most of my bits. But for the really small ones I've other chucks that fit. Seems pretty versatile. This video covers the chucks; And these collets/chucks are supposed to fit; https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=proxxon+28940&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=238273474222&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=224074518060420823&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031019&hvtargid=kwd-300377467891&ref=pd_sl_5wc9ps0gq1_e
  13. The Cartoon Network Monte Carlo II

... the second of the Cartoon Network Monte Carlos ...... Scooby Doo
  14. My take on the Model A

Thanks Carl. Nothing glued in place yet but I think I have things figure out.
  15. Loosing Detail

I knew what you were doing there as I have one I have to do the same with. Grey primer is easier to see imperfections but expensive to cover up. Hence the 20 coats of ScaleFinishes paint at $12 to cover the grey I sprayed over on that Nova.
  16. Cartoon Network Monte Carlo

... the first of the Cartoon Network Monte Carlos ...... the Flintstones
  17. How to make seat belts?

Thanks for all the tips.
  18. Loosing Detail

You should have sande the primer smooth before applying. Tamiya primer is better and much thinner than Krylon.
  19. Ford LNT 9000

Looking cool!
  20. What size drill bits(number range) fit in this drill? The ability to slow it down is a good idea.
  21. Enhancing Tamiya Handy Drill

Hi, So I ordered a potentiometer and the Tamiya 15186 JR Plasma Dash Motor and will update once I got this all working. The reason for the high RPM motor is to have a better range of tuning. I enjoy hacking things etc... hence why the interest in this other wise banal topic.
  22. 69 Corvette 427

Well worth the wait, Tom!!! It's absolutely gorgeous!!! Well done, sir!!!😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🤗🏁
  23. 1/25 AMT 1966 Mercury Hardtop

OK. And it appears that the mags came with the issue this new re-release replicates. Hopefully they are in the most recent release as well!
  24. Loosing Detail

I was under the impression that the red paint would work better over white primer. The kit was molded in white so it would be hard to see if I sanded through the white primer, hence the light coat of the grey primer first.
  25. Just a few more details, and I'll be calling this one done!
  1. Load more activity