Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You best get the gang together with straws and rolled bills to deplete the evidence!
  3. Steel body DeLorean with white powder in the trunk is a sure sign the FBI wants to talk to you.
  4. A person I know has suggested Red or light Blue. He also said that semi gloss Black is so "standard". The Red I might go with is Rustoleum Gloss Apple Red (pictured). I might do the fuel tanks in frame color with Aluminum straps, or Aluminum and frame colored straps. So many decisions.
  5. No it's okay David, you didn't misread my post . . . From the two photos below, you can see the area of the luggage bay at the rear, where the blue tape is. The idea is to remove a rectangular section of that plastic to accommodate the uppermost suitcase . . . The case will slide under the rear parcel shelf that is part of the rear seat, so the space is there already. You mentioned fabricating a new suitcase, but the ones that I have made are already smaller than I would have liked. The dimensions of these cases is very odd, and they would have been custom made by Rolls-Royce, specifically for the Phantom III . . . David
  6. DeLorean car bodies were made of stainless steel.
  7. 1960's DeLoreans will never be seen on any road, parking lot or anywhere else due to the fact of not being produced until 1981 by John DeLorean.
  8. trip is what some people did in the 1960's
  9. These are a slew of builds I completed a couple months ago, these are painted with MCW enamel paint in the high impact/factory colors I like, what is not shown are the resin Dana 60 rear ends underneath all of them, I used fireball models, resin six pack, carburetors, and steel rims/poverty caps, I also made one into a hemi car go mango orange one! I made a couple of boo-boos on these you can see the air grabber decal for the hood is put in the wrong spot on one of them, I forgot to paint the front valance spoilers on one of them lol and I nicked the paint job buffing it out after I wet sanded it with my dremel tool UGH but all in all I’m very very happy with the way they came out! The colors I used are plum, crazy purple, F-8 green, go mango, orange, saddle, bronze. these are revell 1/24 scale 71 GTX kits, onward to my MPC 1/25 scale 71 roadrunners to finish!
  10. looks real, well done,.....I'm just finishing mine this week...
  11. Great job and it goes without saying you don't see those everyday,
  12. "Nerves of steel" is how little Leslie's mom described her son who appeared to be lost in the corn maze during his schools field trip.
  13. Great job. I actually like the stripe delete
  14. That's true. Weather needs to get situated properly before I get to the decision.
  15. Today
  16. I can't answer that but my opinion is, you've been doing such a great job on this truck, why worry about it? In customizing the sky's the limit! Do what ever you like! 😉
  17. Treating myself to a Marlboro Red a few times a day certainly pacifies my nerves
  18. I saw that , but its ambiguous title lead me away (haha). Thanks again.
  19. Hello Everybody! In spite of some difficulties I've encountered, this is shaping up to be one of my quicker builds in a while. Herbie is a Volkswagen Type-1 Deluxe which is typical of the models exported to the United States where Herbie resides. One of the differences between Deluxe versions and standard European models is the inclusion of bright metal trim strips in the black rubber window gaskets. To replicate this feature I started by simulating the gaskets, brushing some flat black paint around the windows. After some drying time and a little cleanup, I hit the raised bits around each window with a silver Sharpie. I think it all worked out pretty well. As always, thanks for taking the time to look and please feel free to comment if you so desire. David G.
  20. Appreciate the compliments. I have been buying my paint from " Scale-finishes". I really like them and they are sold as base-coat or single stage. Have not tried the single stage yet.
  21. Brian thank you. My question is did International offer a light Blue chassis color option in the years 1968 to 1973?
  1. Load more activity