Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. In Pennsylvania, there was the beloved Roadside America attraction, built to nominally 3/8" to the foot scale to go with the larger tinplate trains Lionel was selling at the time, but the trains were eventually replaced with Lionel 0 Gauge. On top of that scale difference, numerous 1:25 scale cars populated the streets. Unfortunately during the pandemic the attraction closed. On the other hand, another longtime attraction, Choo Choo Barn, also in PA, has changed hands, but reportedly it's supposed to continue operation. It too utilizes Lionel O Gauge trains.
  3. Dave, the original drawing was 1/16, but both printed models are 1/12 scale.
  4. Greetings,,wishing all a happy spring,,just finished this Revell GSX Buick,,what a wonderful car,,that big 455,,rally wheels,,great graphics. And a rear deck spoiler. I know they only came in white or yellow,,but I wanted a different color. I did the twin 4 barrel/hi-rise intake setup. And not alot else. Little bit of engine spruce up ,,wires ect. Great kit overall,,hats off to Revell on this one,,and look forward to doing more of these Revell Street muscle machines. And yes,,I really would rather have a Buick. Cheers!
  5. Develco Performance Products. I'm not familiar with the brand.
  6. Maybe a '57 Fairlane with a wiper blade in use because of the rain?
  7. I have finished my 2021 Charger R/T. It is painted with Tamiya TS-54 Light Metallic Blue with a Semi Gloss Black interior. I added extra seat belt receivers and seat belts and hardware.
  8. What a peach, nice detail on the wheel covers 👍
  9. Ok you get a gold star for your efforts ⭐️ timeless 👍
  10. Kah puts

'30 Ford

Ooo.. that’s a mean looking rod, that’ll stand the test of time 👍
  11. Thanks, Mike! I was referring to the MPC Indy Hall of Fame kit which combined the 1963 Parnelli Jones roadster, the 1963 Lotus Ford driven by Jimmy Clark and the 1974 Johnny Rutherford McLaren. Maybe MPC re-issued all three AMT kits but those are the ones in the MPC Hall of Fame kit. Nonetheless, the 74 was reissued as a 75 with little to no changes. I've been busy trying to change the routing of the turbo and I think I have arrived at a reasonable approach which more centrally locates the turbo. Actually, I just flipped the turbo so that the exhaust comes out of the left and the velocity stack is on the right. Then I shortened the pipe that attaches to the waist gate and re-routed the rest of the pipes. the turbo should be right behind the engine but I couldn't manage to do that because the suspension is in the way. I toyed with the idea of lengthening the transmission or using another one from another kit but that would have been a lot of work and this accomplished a change that should work. I also white glued to body together (not very well) and found that I only needed to cut a small corner off the engine cover at the end in order to make this fit. I also cut some supports for the turbo so that it wouldn't be a flying turbo! So now, I can start painting. I will have fun painting the engine now that it is together! Thanks for looking! 😎
  12. So how did you make the heim joints? The rounded portion looks great!
  13. All hail the great Hemi.👍👍.
  14. Today
  15. Great build Shawn, I must have seen this racing as I watched all the Bathursts back in those days. Just don't recall seeing it!! Tks for sharing. Dave B
  16. I’ve used Future with food colouring a few times and I’ve found over time it loses its tint, but maybe you’ll have more luck.
  17. Song and dance routines can be maddening when one is just trying to get a straight answer.
  18. My wife has been buying little do-dads for her crafts on the Temu app lately. She surprised me a few days ago with a handy little photo booth that she bought for me through the app.... It's a small photo booth, only measuring 9" x 9.5" x 8.5"... In addition to white, it came with several colors of background sheets s... Lighting comes from a strip of small but bright LEDs... Power comes from a USB cord (It seems a bit short, but works fine when plugged into the multi port USB charger that sits on my workbench... A free gift from AARP. LOL) So how does it work??? Pretty good in my humble opinion.... By the way my wife tells my that she paid less than $4 for this.
  1. Load more activity