Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell New Release announcements?

Rob Hall

That would be interesting..I'd love to see a DS and SM in 1/24th..

Amen to that. There have been so many 2CV kits...I would have preferred the earlier version as well, but an SM would be great.

At least the DS is finally represented in 1/24 scale, if not kits. Quattroruote had a 4 door in their series a couple years ago, and Welly currently does the cabriolet, in open or closed-top versions.

I'd love to see a Tamiya or Revell AG DS or especially SM. Or BMW 2002...or 3.0CSi...or any number or popular subjects that haven't been done to death like 2CV's.

Roger that. DS would be very cool. And the BMW 1600-2002 is long, long overdue for some love - you'd figure if a Trabant could get two treatments from Revell AG, a 2002 could get at least one.

Yes, please!

(And as long as we're dreamin' about European kit subjects, why not a VW Thing or Squareback kit?)

Given todays market , I could perhaps see a Ranchero kit or a 56 F-100 probably with the "Optional" Big window and Custom Cab option . As much as I would love to have a Country Squire wagon, I can't see Revell investing in such a limited subject as demographics have changed so much over the years ..... Ed Shaver

I'd love to see a Tamiya or Revell AG DS or especially SM. Or BMW 2002...or 3.0CSi...or any number or popular subjects that haven't been done to death like 2CV's.

Roger that. DS would be very cool. And the BMW 1600-2002 is long, long overdue for some love - you'd figure if a Trabant could get two treatments from Revell AG, a 2002 could get at least one.

Bob / Chuck,

The 2002 is long overdue. It is for all intents and purposes the car that put BMW on the road to where they are now.

I have personally suggested the 2002 to Revell Germany for many years. It seems like such a no-brainer. I wonder if its a licensing issue.

Interesting...well, they did do a 1:32nd kit of the '07 Shelby a few years ago, so maybe they are trying that scale again..

Someone had test shots of the 1/12 Mustang at NNL East and If I remember they thought September for that release.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's a fun bit off the "getting started" tab at Revell.com, anyway:

model-scale-car-lg.jpg

A 1:32 2010 Mustang?? When did this come about?

But that 1:32 is finished just like one of the initial 1:25 build-ups, isn't it? So maybe they just reduced the size of the pic for illustration's sake...

Does anyone know how much the 1:12 Shelby will cost?

Here are some of the new releases in Test Shot state from GSL:

Argh, that looks like an auto tranny on the 2010 Camaro. I was hoping for an updated LSx motor/T56 tranny so I could quit raiding Revell's '02 Camaro for pro-touring goodies.

Bob / Chuck,

The 2002 is long overdue. It is for all intents and purposes the car that put BMW on the road to where they are now.

I have personally suggested the 2002 to Revell Germany for many years. It seems like such a no-brainer. I wonder if its a licensing issue.

I think it is a licensing issue. Not only did ROG do two Tribants they did a whole series in slot car form with Tribants, NSU's and some other small car. When I was on the slot car boards their was a big deal with them not making a 2002 or 1600 to go with them. When that was going on a ROG rep said they tried but he wouldn't state what exactly was the issue that stopped them from producing one.

Edited by ra7c7er

Argh, that looks like an auto tranny on the 2010 Camaro. I was hoping for an updated LSx motor/T56 tranny so I could quit raiding Revell's '02 Camaro for pro-touring goodies.

Why not resin cast what you need? That way you would only have to raid an '02 once for as many as you need.

Just a thought.

;)

Why not resin cast what you need? That way you would only have to raid an '02 once for as many as you need.

Just a thought.

:lol:

I've had a master of the T-56 tranny for years. I've emailed several casters and have never found anyone willing to cast it for me.

Here are some of the new releases in Test Shot state from GSL:

I don't know about you guys, but I find Revell is doing a great job, just look at the under-body & -hood detail from the '10 Camaro, and the engine bay of the '10 Mustang coupe..... and this all at roughly half the price of a Tamiya curbsite.

Thanks for showing these photo's Gregg!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my friends, I'm happy to say I was incorrect about the 2CV being the older (but still excellent) Airfix/Heller offering. Thanks to our friend Luc Janssens, it is confirmed that the Revell Germany 2CV is an all-new, full-detail kit representing a 1981 edition of the car.

While this is good news, I still find myself wishing for an older, 1953 or so version of the Deux Chevaux in 1/24 scale. Maybe some day....!

Was surfing on the Revell Germany site and found this.....

Was surfing on the Revell Germany site and found this.....

For those of us not up on our German...here's the English site.

http://www.revell.de/en/products/model_kits/services/info_channel/picture_galleries/galleries/?&L=1

Also the actual catalog shows it as being a 1983, rather than a 1981, which I assume is a potato/patato type thing, since I doubt there was was any styling movement in those 2 years... B) Wasn't something that was on my radar, but "new tooling" and "full detail" peak my interest on odd-ball subject matter like that, much the way the Trabant did. Although, gotta say I am much more eagerly awaiting that Audi R8 Spyder.