Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Holy Grail" Models?

Too bad you let it go, but at least it's being restored anyway.

Now about those dog dishes for your '66.....

John- the '66 Valiants are gone too! I also sold the '60 Buick and parted out the '63 Stude once we realized it was way too rusty to restore. Right now all I have left are the 2000 Jaguar and '91 Geo Tracker convertible, which are in daily driver status. I also have the '95 Celica convertible tucked away in my garage. Once I get myself in order here in PA, I'm going to search out a decent collector car. Something like a 1950s pickup or rat rod roadster pickup. Something that I can hop in and enjoy. I spent too many years owning a bunch of restorables that just collected dust!

• 1 month later...

2 kits come to mind for "Holy Grail" the hasegawa testrossa 250 had a few in my sights in the past but they all slipped away before i could get them and the revell car carrier.

250 is probably the coolest looking car I have never seen in person. I have yet another line in the water for one so i'll keep my fingers crossed and i just think the car carrier is cool in the absolute dorkiest sense of the word cool i have a line in the same water for that kit as well.

2 kits come to mind for "Holy Grail" the hasegawa testrossa 250 had a few in my sights in the past but they all slipped away before i could get them and the revell car carrier.

250 is probably the coolest looking car I have never seen in person. I have yet another line in the water for one so i'll keep my fingers crossed and i just think the car carrier is cool in the absolute dorkiest sense of the word cool i have a line in the same water for that kit as well.

Hobby Search and HobbyLink Japan both show the Hasegawa 250 TR as being in stock.

The Hasegawa Testa Rossa 250 had a few in my sights in the past but they all slipped away before i could get them...

I have yet another line in the water for one so i'll keep my fingers crossed.

It is one of the coolest cars ever. The kit is not hard to find. I just added another to the stash via eBay for just $31.00 shipped!

It is one of the coolest cars ever. The kit is not hard to find. I just added another to the stash via eBay for just $31.00 shipped!

The only ones I seem to see are about $80-100 don't get lucky enough to get ones at $31 found one for $43 shipped. Kinda Leary about the source though

• 2 weeks later...

i never seem to be at the right place at the right time for deals like this. I finally found one and it is resting comfortably on my shelf this is one that i will be taking my time with

i never seem to be at the right place at the right time for deals like this. I finally found one and it is resting comfortably on my shelf this is one that i will be taking my time with

I seldom search eBay for what I'm looking for. I set up a search agent that emails me every time something I want comes up for sale.

Just go to eBay in the model car category and type in the search line:

1955 (chevy,chevrolet) monogram -badman -(conv,convertible) -pace -street

The search is set up to find either Chevy or Chevrolet, and the minus terms eliminate a bunch of different issues that you're not interested in. The list still brings up a bunch of models that aren't the one you're looking for, but I can't see how to narrow the search down any further. Once you're happy with the results of your search, click the button marked "SAVE" at the end of this line. That will set you up with the search agent that will email you daily.

Scored this built MPC '67 Bonneville on E-Bay last week

001_zpsbdd2ca90.jpg

002_zpsf646a0f8.jpg

003_zpsbd6913be.jpg

The glass was never glued in place :) and the hood does'nt sit flush because of the tri-power carb.s and air filters.

This is a model I have wanted for MANY years and even though it's a built model-I'm happy to have it.

I was looking at that one too. 130 bucks is kinda out of my price range though.

Yeah, It got to be a dog fight near the end of that auction, my max bid was a little higher than that so I kind of got lucky at $130.00

BUT- it will go nicely with my '68 Bonneville and '69 Grand Prix

003-32.jpg

002-36.jpg

This one,,,, mint in the box would pretty much be my holy grail. I used to have one and sold it and REALLY would like to have another one. I do have a builder so ,,and everytime a mint unbuilt pops up, my toy fund is depleted

1968CMG.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

• 1 year later...

I have several grail kits...use to have some of them but someone else wanted most of my collection when I was not home.... :(

69-72 Pontiac Grand Prix

67-69 Bonneville and 70 HT

68-70 Cadillac HT

71-76 Dodge vans

60s station wagons

late 50s through 70s promos and promo like kits including Johan snap kits

large scale 70-81 Trans Am

64-68 Chrysler 300,Imperial

69,71,72 Impala

75 Firebird or TA

Camping trailers,motor homes

and more....

late 50s to ? Desoto

69 Rambler Ambassador

Johan Chrysler Turbine car.

Picked up a mint boxed early example a year or two ago for far too little.

It is the best thought out example of model kit packaging I have ever seen.

Now I'm working up the courage to try to build it.