Model Cars Magazine Forum

Site Update Complete

One feature that's lacking that I'm missing already.........when you click on a post and then either go back to the original page, or close the tab, when the forum is refreshed the original post disappears from the page unless someone new responds to it. In the last format, the subject was simply "faded out" or highlighted in some form-------not totally gone.

I could go to my history and recover the thread in case I wanted to respond, but as I mentioned before this'll take a while to get accustomed to all these changes. As far as being tablet and phone friendly, I get that's why the changes were made, but for me personally, I don't like at all responding to a post on my phone or tablet. Those are just for viewing this forum. It's just woefully annoying to me as I like to have an actual keyboard to type from, and for me with vision issues, I just flat out see better without everything being so "scrunched". :unsure:

The new and improved version seems to work OK for me. 

I don't like the disappearance of "New Content".  It seems when I reply to a post that the post then disappears.

I'm sure I'll get used to the new version given enough time.  I'm very happy that the MCM forum is still here.

HI DAVE, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING GREAT ON MY END, COUPLE THINGS I'VE NOTICED IS THE TEXT CONTRAST SEEMS LIGHTER THAN BEFORE. AT THE TOP, THE WORD FORUM IS DARK ENOUGH TO SEE, BUT THE OPTIONS TO THE RIGHT SEEM VERY FAINT.

ALSO, THE TEXT SEEMS TO BE NOT AS SHARP AS BEFORE

Slight change will take a couple of days to adapt to, but overall I like the look. I was able to go into messages and clear out the inbox of old messages in a matter of 5 minutes, seemed faster than previous method.

Thanks Dave for the improvement, thanks to Gregg for having us and to Michael for keeping us in line!

34 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

The avatars were square previously.  Round now, like on Facebook...cool. 

Yuck. Why would anyone want to emulate Fazepuke?

Shortly after I posted 40 minutes ago, they were square again. 

Now they're round again.

Must be A-line drift.

Seriously, PLEASE do square. Information in avatars gets lost around the edges of round.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

14 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I think the round avatars are a standard or default feature of the latest version of the forum software.  A couple other forums I'm on that use the same software are now showing round avatars.   

Hmmmmm.....avatars now appear square if you're NOT signed in, round if you ARE.  

Looks like I still need to work on the themes. I'll take a look and see what's out there. These only control appearance, and not functionality. Sorry, but if something is particularly bothersome, let me know. I might be able to tweak the behavior with the administration controls. 

Our current theme automatically accommodates phones and tablets, but perhaps not in the way that we'd like. 

17 hours ago, JollySipper said:

I keep getting an option to "receive notifications from this site" from my browser...... Can I make it stop popping up? Will it interfere with me getting email about PMs?

It's not from the site, I guess, but from my browser...... It's a "Web Push" thingy from FireFox........ What do I do with it?