Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 "Wild Cad" Custom

John Teresi

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments .......I really do appreciate them:).......I chopped the top........and  got a good start on the chassis ......I made the frame and modified part box parts for the axle and front end.....I added air bags........I added a gas tank and mocked -up the right hand steering wheel and linkage.......I am using a 4 Cam 32 valve Corvette Engine to power this thing.......I am using Speed City Resin American Lemans resin wheels.......thanks for looking

DSCF0819_zps3dgxodjk.jpg

DSCF0818_zps5di17tig.jpg

DSCF0817_zpsa7egngby.jpg

DSCF0816_zps3hg3dewc.jpg

DSCF0815_zpskchgaxzp.jpg

DSCF0814_zps5u3ur5pd.jpg

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate  them:)........I  made and finished the frame and added the floorboards........I also made and finished the engine bay and hinged the hood......and also made the trunk area and hinged the trunk lid.......I made some exhaust pipes that will exit under the rear bumper that I modified.......thanks for looking

DSCF0825_zpsuskmmol7.jpg

DSCF0835_zpsffnbcikg.jpg

DSCF0834_zpsqsz8fdjr.jpg

DSCF0824_zpsn81t9hrj.jpg

DSCF0833_zpsjpk9yssu.jpg

John, enjoyed looking at your great stuff yesterday at Desert Scale classic14, cant wait to see this one, next year!. never heard of the wild Cad, so I googled it and 

WOW...Looking at the real car interior, almost as wild as the  outside!.............

one-off-cadillac-coupe-de-ville-heads-fo

Edited by Lanny Haas

Oh for cryin' out loud.  How DO you do this?  John, you must build 12 (possibly more?) HIGH quality & diverse builds a year and they're each stunning in their imagination and execution.  Nobody could/can or will match you for such productivity.   What a treat man and just want to say that the "bones" on this car are wonderful.   Cheers, tim

Hello........thank you all  so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I got a good start on the interior.......very complicated but, going pretty good .......I modified the Caddy dash and made a gauge cluster........I used parts box seats and molded in the rear seats into a scratch built bench......I got the right hand steering wheel mocked -up and floor shifter.......I also attached the the rear fin that is used for the console ........I will work on the door panels tomorrow.......thanks for looking.

DSCF0846_zpsicwthufy.jpg

DSCF0850_zpsifl7kips.jpg

DSCF0849_zpslswae7cp.jpg

DSCF0848_zpsvrg2mumj.jpg