Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beverly Hills Cop Nova

spencer1984

After far longer than I planned, It's done!  Full details of what went into this are in the "On the Workbech" section here or available here...short version is that it started life as AMT's '72 Nova and has had pretty much everything reworked. I think the windshield, rear glass, and light lenses are the only things that survived straight from the box. Aftermarket items include parts from Model Car Garage (grille, trim, interior details), Harts Parts Resin (front seat, hubcaps), Model Car World (engine), B-N-L Resin (transmission), Scenes Unlimited (wheels & brakes), and Fireball Modelworks (door handles). Everything else was scratch built or heavily modified. Any comments/criticisms are welcome!

bhcnova20.jpg.ba47f254869ffd8b33578414744ffac0.jpg

bhcnova21.jpg.36e8b69d51bca71e9ac5adee8a6ac57d.jpg

bhcnova22.jpg.d0e5d96ee7e0a7b42e832e3059b86718.jpg

bhcnova23.jpg.53829a984eedfe41b59f2f17897bec04.jpg

bhcnova24.jpg.52ed516053914b7eee882783929504a5.jpg

bhcnova25.jpg.35b80e7286403073e5e8a8dcbb3ea844.jpg

bhcnova26.jpg.d5a2e8c2da9b258db2bd6ae1dae1f332.jpg

bhcnova27.jpg.0e6d8e9b2784fe4b18b70ebb638b21d5.jpg

• Like 2

Yet another absolutely stunning example. Vehicles can be seen as characters in movies, playing supportive roles that speak volumes about their drivers. The passion for precise and exact detail you demostrate rivals that of the film directors themselves. I’m so very impressed, and I think you honor the original movies well.

4 minutes ago, vincen47 said:

Yet another absolutely stunning example. Vehicles can be seen as characters in movies, playing supportive roles that speak volumes about their drivers. The passion for precise and exact detail you demostrate rivals that of the film directors themselves. I’m so very impressed, and I think you honor the original movies well.

I/m just going to agree with Cary's words  ....  yes, stunning weathering.

Thanks, guys!

14 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

I wasn't impressed with the AMT version.

Yeah, it's one of those kits that needs a lot of work.  Fortunately, this car needs so much done to it that either it or the Revell would have been just about even starting points.

I followed your build on this. It turn out perfect. The way you added the dents (rear trunk and bumper) and scrapes and the leaky oily engine and chassis are all outstanding. Very real looking.

Sweet! Ironically, this is one of the cleanest builds of this kit I've ever seen (it's a beast). Well done and model on! B)

(If you're looking for an easy build for your next TV/Movie Car project, I've got one for you: What appears to be a factory stock blue '68 El Camino in used but pretty clean shape has shown up on this season of Fear the Walking Dead. And it's been "featured" (even mentioned several times by name) as much as any vehicle in that franchise ever has, so it's kind of a "star.")

Thanks, guys!

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

(If you're looking for an easy build for your next TV/Movie Car project, I've got one for you: What appears to be a factory stock blue '68 El Camino in used but pretty clean shape has shown up on this season of Fear the Walking Dead. And it's been "featured" (even mentioned several times by name) as much as any vehicle in that franchise ever has, so it's kind of a "star.")

I need to catch up on Fear the Walking Dead, I've only watched up through season 2 (though I've heard/read enough to know the gist of where the story is).  I am planning on something less labor intensive for my next build, but was leaning towards a certain Italian horse from Florida...