Model Cars Magazine Forum

I was visiting Chip in his Huntington Beach shop for business purposes when I saw this car at the point where he had mostly finished boxing in the basic proportions (as shown around the 1:15 minute mark in the video).  It was sitting against the far wall at the back of the shop, and; it was absolutely stunning even then. 

I've lost track of the exact timing, but this was probably 3 or 4 years before the finished product was revealed....in fact I was wondering what had happened to the effort.  But well worth the wait....it blew away everything when it was revealed at Cobo years later.....  

Thanks for posting.....TIM 

If I recall right the Imposter was one of the things you could vote for in the original Chip Foose "Viewer's Choice" thing that begat the FD-100 & Eldorod.  That would indicate that if they didn't do basic research for it at the time, then they certainly have (had) access to the car in the event that it finished in the Top 2.  

8 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

If I recall right the Imposter was one of the things you could vote for in the original Chip Foose "Viewer's Choice" thing that begat the FD-100 & Eldorod.  That would indicate that if they didn't do basic research for it at the time, then they certainly have (had) access to the car in the event that it finished in the Top 2.  

I can envision page after page after page of clutched pearls had the Impostor been one of the two Revell/Foose projects chosen by modelers...:lol: :D

2 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

I can envision page after page after page of clutched pearls had the Impostor been one of the two Revell/Foose projects chosen by modelers...:lol: :D

I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the list. [ EDIT,, I found the list on Foose's website and it was indeed on the list. S.M.]

But yea, I can just see all the pages of people complaining that Revell didn't do a stock '65 instead of a one-off custom even though they already have a couple. :lol:

Edited by Can-Con

7 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the list. 

It was, along with:

"The other candidates were Foose’s 1934 Ford Mercury-inspired “Stallion,” 1935 “Grand Master” Chevy Master Sedan, 1936 “Impression” Ford based roadster, 1965 “Impostor” Impala, and his legendary Hemisfear custom supercar coupe."

Also note it's spelled 'Impostor'.

19 minutes ago, Casey said:

It was, along with:

"The other candidates were Foose’s 1934 Ford Mercury-inspired “Stallion,” 1935 “Grand Master” Chevy Master Sedan, 1936 “Impression” Ford based roadster, 1965 “Impostor” Impala, and his legendary Hemisfear custom supercar coupe."

Also note it's spelled 'Impostor'.

Looks like I was correcting myself at the same time you were correcting me. LOL :o:D

• 5 months later...