Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any up dates on the Moebius chevy II gasser ?

Mr mopar

5 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

The way this one is going, I'm not holding breath on seeing them anytime soon. I really want the stock '64 Nova SS. But, has Pegasus put out any new model cars or trucks since they took over Moebius? 

They just brought out the 48FT flat bed.

The Flatbed and the earlier Fords were underway prior to the sale to Pegasus.  I can say I know of some new tooling that has been cut, but again it's more of a heavily modified reissue than something ALL new.

The "issue" with the Nova/Chevy II as previously stated is that the tooling wasn't done before hand, just the rapid 3D prototypes.  As far as anyone knows (or anyone who's whispering in the winds as it were) Pegasus hasn't decided to necessarily green light any self-funded new tooling.  But they haven't officially canceled any project either.  Guess we'll see what happens in 2021 if any sort of "normalcy" returns later this year.

4 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I hate to disappoint you three, but no that is not remotely close to what I had passed before my eyes under the cover of darkness. :P

"heavily modified"?  Then I'd say the Ford "unibody" trucks of '61-'63!  I sure hope so!  And with MERCURY variants, please!

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

Maybe [...] a  1971 Dodge Demon?

Some 10-ish years ago , Round2 announced that the old MPC 1971 Demon 340 was slated for reissue . Obviously , that never came to fruition ; instead , the 1975 / 1976 Dart Sport was reissued in its 1975 annual livery . I wonder whatever became of that Demon ? Perhaps an early attempt at a backdating ( think : Grumpy's 1972 Vega ) gone wrong ?  Honestly , an all-new 1971 Demon would be the best way to go . The MPC kit isn't without its inaccuracies and faults .

• 3 weeks later...

Take a look at what has been or is soon to be released by Moebius, and you (should at least) quickly realize the Chevy II kits have little to no chance of ever seeing the light of day. It took almost a year for the flatbed trailer to reach the retail level and being announced, and the Chevy IIs never got past the one-off 3D printed stage, so I would place my bet on the folks from IN before those from CA if I wanted to see a first gen Chevy II in 1/25 scale.

43 minutes ago, Casey said:

Take a look at what has been or is soon to be released by Moebius, and you (should at least) quickly realize the Chevy II kits have little to no chance of ever seeing the light of day. It took almost a year for the flatbed trailer to reach the retail level and being announced, and the Chevy IIs never got past the one-off 3D printed stage, so I would place my bet on the folks from IN before those from CA if I wanted to see a first gen Chevy II in 1/25 scale.

My guess is that you may be proven wrong on this.  As always, time will tell....TIM 

12 hours ago, tim boyd said:

My guess is that you may be proven wrong on this.  As always, time will tell....TIM 

Tim, in many cases your the man in the know. Have you heard anything that might give us a little hope of seeing either, or both, of the Chevy IIs from Moebius?

Looks like test shots of the Moebius 65 Chevy II drag version to me.  Probably not going to be the first release though.  If they stick to their normal game plan I would expect you'll see a stock Chevy II version available fourth quarter of this year, assuming no unusual delays. 

Steve

Quarter windows might differ between '64 and '65, but I'd bet the change is confined to the rear glass.  

Looks like this kit's glass is sized to fit, not larger and fitted from inside like most old kits.  The rear glass from an AMT hardtop might be the base material for making the wider '64 piece.