Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '59 El Camino

mustang1989

This build all started around 3 months ago for a friend of my son Joseph. He received this kit for a birthday gift and after coming over to the house, asked me to build it. The kit is an old mold and is quite crude in quality but I think I managed to work some of the bugs out of it anyways. I didn't do a whole lot of research on this car and the avid enthusiast will be able to pick up on that pretty quick but still I'm pretty happy with the turn out. I've just about perfected my painting method on autos and I got ALOT of practice with bare metal foil. Thank you to all who followed or commented along the way with this build and a very special thanks to gearhedjohn, gramps46 and wrecker388 for their contributions to the construction of this car.

KqFYiY.jpg

dMQoas.jpg

arQe9o.jpg

aXnX3u.jpg

JS3bL4.jpg

EF2pDZ.jpg

FxlMM0.jpg

gnlVOd.jpg

hTMI8U.jpg

Engine photo and drivers side photos coming soon. The engine bay photo had a dang dog hair in the middle of it and I forgot the drivers side photo shot. :headslap:

Edited by mustang1989

Very nice work on the El Camino! I'm currently building the same kit, hopefully it would turn out at least half as nice as this one. As others said above, you nailed the color choice, and your paint job and foiling are both very nice too. Great engine detailing as well. Definitely one of the better versions that I've seen built from this kit.