Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1

bogger44

Finally managed to get another build wrapped up this week.  Fairly box stock with some engine wiring, more accurate parts box air cleaner (from the 70 Torino GT I think) as well as valve covers from an unknown source.  Pretty sure their big block FE ones but they look close enough for me.  Also formed the exhaust cutouts on the rear valance per Mach 1 specs.  The rear tires weren't lined up with the wheel wells so I slid the axle forward, and in the process trimmed a bit too much off the driveshaft but oh well. Paint is Duplicolor Bright Red.  Thanks for looking and any comments/questions.

2v2EJoYkrxAKN8F.jpg

2v2EJoYMCxAKN8F.jpg

2v2EJoRFnxAKN8F.jpg

2v2EJoP2yxAKN8F.jpg

2v2EJo46rxAKN8F.jpg

2v2EJoTfGxAKN8F.jpg

2v2EJoVgNxAKN8F.jpg

2v2EJohMdxAKN8F.jpg

2v2EJoWSFxAKN8F.jpg

2v2EJoLsGxAKN8F.jpg

one  nice looking Mustang. In 1970 I went to the Ford dealer looking to buy that mustang wanted it so bad for my 1st car. I was in my last year in High School at the time.

I did not get  the Mustang due to it being a 4 speed but I did purchase a Grabber Green Maverick instead . What a knucle head

Other than that I do not see the different color markings on the leaf springs and driveshaft, it is a spectacular  build.   Of course I kidding about the markings - you only see them on concour and thoroughbred real restorations.  Same goes for the yellow "OK" on the valve covers and other stamps and stickers.  

Absolutely one of the best Mustang builds I have ever seen.  The paint and overall finish is superb. Quick story - I knew a guy who owned one just like this one, totally rebuilt on a rotisserie, lots of dollars expended.  The local Ford club was returning from a show, he was between two other Mustangs, a deer ran out and creamed the right side fender.  Needless to say he was not very happy.  However he whipped out his wallet and got the parts and had it fixed.