[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Paul's experience reminds me that AMT released this kit showing a long bed with higher trim level (the original 1960 issue likely used)  on the box.

beware it's not what's in the box! 

Looks like it just came off the assembly line.  Gorgeous.

That's really nice.  I like it.  Just picked this kit up yesterday, and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. :)

Edited by Jim B

Looks extra clean and classy, I think the AMT version looks more accurate than the Revell.

You really did it justice. 

Easily the Nicest built AMT 60 Apache that I've seen... This is how the BoxArt should've looked... 

I'm dissapointed that with all the colors they chose purple to represent the Round 2 re-issue... should've been two-toned. 

These trucks were deliberately  designed with two tone paint in mind. if you think about the differences between the 59 and 60 you'll see there are not many breaks on a 59... 1960 was a turning point when trucks started being as stylish as cars, you can see the similarities between the 60 imalpa and the pick-up for 1960 too.  This is my favorite bodystyle of the Chevy trucks. 

Thank you all for the kind remarks. To answer the question about the wheels, I just brush painted them to match the upper body. Here are a few more pics of the interior and engine. This was a nice, easy build. The hardest part was finding photos of unmodified trucks to get the details correct.

DSCF5690.JPG

DSCF5676.JPG

DSCF5675.JPG

Amazing work. 

Very nice details and colors, love it. Sure wish we had options on bed length, like the Moebius Ford F-100 kits. 

Beautiful model! Great two-toning, and well built!

Sam

great job, this build is awesome very nice work and great colors and interior

Looks really good.. I like that color combo, after building 64 in patina look it would be cool to build this one also.. I like it shiny B)

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:55 PM, crazyjim said:

Looks like it just came off the assembly line.  Gorgeous.

X2! The authenticity is incredible!