Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

10 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Really nice finds.  What a great way to close  out the show season.

Yea but i spent too much money on a bunch of other items,(not shown)🤑.Stuff i really didn’t need,but what the heck.

Edited by NYLIBUD

On 7/26/2022 at 1:00 PM, Gramps46 said:

Who makes the Willys Jeep?  Wish they did one in a smaller scale.

There’s this one.

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/products/willys-mb-us-army-76wmb003

Or this

https://www.rmtoys.co.uk/collections/jeep/products/deagostini-1-43-scale-diecast-12422a-jeep-willys-1947-green

steve

• 4 weeks later...

Local toy show yesterday, first one I've been to in 3 months. (Just hadn't been in the mood.) Got three 1/24 diecasts, all $10 each: 

1. Maisto Dodge viper in dark green metallic

2. Maisto Lambo Diablo in purple

3. Ertl '63 Vette coupe in black with red interior. 

All are slightly "distressed" and in need of cleanup/Love. The Vette needs some of its paint touched up but should be easy--it's black and I've got a new Sharpie black oil paint marker. Only thing missing seems to be the right-side mirror on the Lambo, but I can just display the other side out. 

I'm getting close to getting in the mood to go out in the shed and try to find all my tools and paints and so-forth, which The Lovely Mrs. Snake unceremoniously stashed back there last spring when I had my stroke. Got about six new diecasts now that would make "Getting Back Into It" projects. Wish me luck. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Local toy show yesterday, first one I've been to in 3 months. (Just hadn't been in the mood.) Got three 1/24 diecasts, all $10 each: 

All are slightly "distressed" and in need of cleanup/Love. The Vette needs some of its paint touched up but should be easy--it's black and I've got a new Sharpie black oil paint marker. Only thing missing seems to be the right-side mirror on the Lambo, but I can just display the other side out. 

I'm getting close to getting in the mood to go out in the shed and try to find all my tools and paints and so-forth, which The Lovely Mrs. Snake unceremoniously stashed back there last spring when I had my stroke. Got about six new diecasts now that would make "Getting Back Into It" projects. Wish me luck. 

Very glad to see you out and about and your finds at the toy show are very fortunate.  Very best wishes on getting back in the groove.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Very glad to see you out and about and your finds at the toy show are very fortunate.  Very best wishes on getting back in the groove.

Agree, though @Snake45 seems like a train. 
Here’s a good groove to be in, actually does have enough cowbell😂👍🏼

Edited by keyser
  • Haha 1

I thought I had all the '63 diecast coupes in 1/24/25 scale until I read Snake's post about an Ertl and looked it up on the Bay and saw the black with red BIG A Auto Parts split window for $4.95 + 4.95 shipping.  Now I ask you, how could I pass that up, still in wrapper and box?  Only a dollar more than Snakes and from the comfort of my home.  Of course, Snake is now back in the influencer category big time that I must be aware of.

s-l140.jpg.0630d0ed8e4e2ffa926d5bdf7b98e2e2.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

I thought I had all the '63 diecast coupes in 1/24/25 scale until I read Snake's post about an Ertl and looked it up on the Bay and saw the black with red BIG A Auto Parts split window for $4.95 + 4.95 shipping.  Now I ask you, how could I pass that up, still in wrapper and box?  Only a dollar more than Snakes and from the comfort of my home.  Of course, Snake is now back in the influencer category big time that I must be aware of.

s-l140.jpg.0630d0ed8e4e2ffa926d5bdf7b98e2e2.jpg

You actually have a dime less in yours than I have in mine. And yours is perfect. Dimmit! :angry:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Hi, Snake - glad to see you back on track (was missing you somehow)

• Thanks 1