Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1976 Chevy Vega Wagon Funny Car

Casey

3 hours ago, TonyK said:

I remember building one of these back in the day but swear it was older than 1976. Was there an earlier version or am I nuts? I'll get one of these when it comes out.

AMT made the wagon/panel funny car every year Chevrolet made the Vega, 1971-1977. 

A really cool build up with this  chassis is to use it as an early 70's street rod with either a T or Bantam body. Of course if you really want a challenge morph this body with the Revell Vega to make a Wonder Wagon. Doable, great result but a heck of a challenge.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:25 AM, TonyK said:

I remember building one of these back in the day but swear it was older than 1976. Was there an earlier version or am I nuts? I'll get one of these when it comes out.

I built an earlier version, too. It was a flatnose Kammback. Just another, in a stellar succession of AMT funny cars! ?

3 minutes ago, '70 Grande said:

Thanks for making this reissue happen Snake45!  I'm seriously thinking about giving you my Holy Grail list and seeing if I can get you to buy 'em all so I can look forward to them being reissued!?

Lay it on me. Been buying a bunch lately, maybe I've already made it happen! :lol:

If you hear that Round 2 has decided to restore the '66 Impala dirt-tracker to factory stock....well, you're welcome! B)

(Oven in Model Airplane World, you make a new kit happen by laboriously building a vac-form, preferably and old and rare one, and getting it almost finished.) 

• 2 months later...