Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Impala Outlaw Twin Turbo


Recommended Posts

That is some fantastic chassis building.  I also used the '57 Chevy pro mod chassis as a pattern for an EXP I am building.  Looking forward to more updates.  Are you planning on removing the front inner fenders?  Might give you better clearance for exhaust and turbo tubing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 7:29 PM, misterNNL said:

Amazing!!

thank you!

On 12/20/2019 at 11:50 PM, bykr said:

Nice work!

thanks!

On 12/21/2019 at 5:46 AM, MeatMan said:

Awesome bit of work!

thanks it's getting there 

On 12/22/2019 at 8:22 PM, mod3l Lover said:

   Well now, . . . . . here is a good bit of fun!!

I will tag along and see where this goes!

       David S.

it's been a fun challenge so far!

On 12/23/2019 at 6:36 AM, TarheelRick said:

That is some fantastic chassis building.  I also used the '57 Chevy pro mod chassis as a pattern for an EXP I am building.  Looking forward to more updates.  Are you planning on removing the front inner fenders?  Might give you better clearance for exhaust and turbo tubing.

yes I have removed them to make room for the turbos. will probably make the front clip removable also

On 12/24/2019 at 9:47 PM, PorkChopPaws said:

Really nice work. Where did you find the wheels and tires?

wheels and tires are from futurattraction. the rim's are billet specialties 

On 1/3/2020 at 2:05 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Nice topic, Great to see some intensive sratch building one the frame/cage in order to create an exclusive model. Superb job on the rear axle too!

Keep doing your great work!!!

not often you se a full size Chevy done plus it's an opportunity to try making a chassis to fit thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
4 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

You "master" model car builders ROCK!!!  I'm always in awe of the precision work you guys'  do  Looking awesome Claude on another of my favorites, the bubble top '61.  I'll be watching.

Hi Mike!

Just to be clear... This Impala is Jason Schofield's build. It IS a beauty.

I'm just a pedestrian walking by on this tread and complimenting Jason about it. I'd like to claim it as one of my builds, but alas, not this time!

CT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Jason, I’m relatively new here on the forum, and hadn’t seen this build yet. I still have a lot of catching up to do! This is absolutely fabulous. I love Tim’s comment that this is like a modellers swimsuit edition, that gave me a laugh. There are a handful of you guys that are just in a league of your own, and it is truly a pleasure to watch the builds progress. Also fun to see the high amount of respect you have for each other. 
I will definitely be following along now, this is a stunning build, thanks for sharing!

Cheers, Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2020 at 7:40 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Jason!

Great design, superb execution! Bravo!

CT

thank you CT! always appreciate your comments and advise

On 10/14/2020 at 10:54 AM, TransAmMike said:

You "master" model car builders ROCK!!!  I'm always in awe of the precision work you guys'  do  Looking awesome Claude on another of my favorites, the bubble top '61.  I'll be watching.

far from master here this is my first chassis made from scratch. but I am learning from these Master builders thats for sure

On 10/14/2020 at 3:27 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Mike!

Just to be clear... This Impala is Jason Schofield's build. It IS a beauty.

I'm just a pedestrian walking by on this tread and complimenting Jason about it. I'd like to claim it as one of my builds, but alas, not this time!

CT

? 

On 10/15/2020 at 8:09 PM, Dave Ambrose said:

I love this build and will be following. 

thanks dave!

On 10/15/2020 at 8:36 PM, CabDriver said:

Outstanding work so far!  I’ll be following 

thank you!

On 10/17/2020 at 9:06 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Glad to see you back in the saddle Jason, I love that project!

I'm happy to be working on it again its been a busy year. thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2020 at 9:31 AM, Steve H said:

Hi Jason, I’m relatively new here on the forum, and hadn’t seen this build yet. I still have a lot of catching up to do! This is absolutely fabulous. I love Tim’s comment that this is like a modellers swimsuit edition, that gave me a laugh. There are a handful of you guys that are just in a league of your own, and it is truly a pleasure to watch the builds progress. Also fun to see the high amount of respect you have for each other. 
I will definitely be following along now, this is a stunning build, thanks for sharing!

Cheers, Steve

hello Steve! this form is inspiring to say the least. there are so many helpful people here it really makes you strive to be better. having met some of the members at shows and swap meets as well as having the support and help from everyone here are really friends to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thank you for all the wonderful comments everyone!

 

I made a jig to make control arms so they match. will also use it on future builds.

after a control arm was made I made a few mounting points and set it up to see the result.

still need to make more mounting points and the other control arm. most likely a plate for the middle of the arm too.

20201020_063815.thumb.jpg.bf489511169eed6aa79507dc4a939315.jpg

20201020_063902.thumb.jpg.f11175bb836fd14460086155ec7b64e6.jpg

20201020_064003.thumb.jpg.928825cf8d43af46579c3706f4b832b4.jpg

20201020_064527.thumb.jpg.017820ff3085ab48b2a12e6c297f6997.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Jason!

Your jig is very clever. It seems to be made from styrene stock? I envy your surgical application of glue in such closed quarters. I would be too old to attemps that... Ah, the joys of youth!

Mine are made of wood, more forgiving for shakes. Getting older by the day, you know. 

Those struts are world class, they look 1/1. Keep on, impressive!

CT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • streetmachine11 changed the title to 1961 Impala Outlaw Twin Turbo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...