Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt 1970 camaro

GoodbuildNY

Beautiful looking build and I really like the colors. I remember when those hub caps were popular on the 1:1's. They weighed about 25 lbs. each, try and balance that wheel and tire. Do you have any pictures of the engine and interior ? 

5 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking build and I really like the colors. I remember when those hub caps were popular on the 1:1's. They weighed about 25 lbs. each, try and balance that wheel and tire. Do you have any pictures of the engine and interior ? 

Funny you say that about the hubcaps. Growing up my father had a set hanging in the garage and the weight is one of the first things I think of. Tried to get a pic of the interior but I couldn’t get a decent one with my iPad but here’s one more pic...770EE2F7-713E-42E5-A025-8CFBDF0E7DEC.jpeg.b1e5d216d81eb431098b7181ffd2752c.jpeg

8 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

THAT is a gorgeous L-78 Camaro ! Good choice with those wheel covers , too --- are those from the 1970 Impala kit ? I have a couple of 1970 1/2 Camaro kits that I'm going to "bash" into an L-78 ; thanks for the inspiration !

Keep them coming ! 

Yes sir,... grabbed them from the 70 impala. I’ve only got 1 set left which is going to end up on a vette. Wish I had more