Model Cars Magazine Forum

Riviora

Modlbldr

Unlike most at this time, i have not been forced to stay home. My job, for now, still requires me to be at work in case of any emergencies that might arise. So, while at home this weekend without most of my building supplies and current builds I decided to start a bit of work on this project. With that said, it will probably be pretty sporadic due to my 41 Plymouth being my primary build.

Anywho- I have had this rendering of a Rivi based Deora on my phone for a while and love it. I got this "in progress" Deora build from a buddy and a Rivi body and bumpers donated from one of our builders here. By combining these I am building the "Riviora"

Later-

f1f3328c5eecf7102c87620870f58301.jpg

IMG_20200111_063739009.jpg

IMG_20200111_063749427.jpg

Here is the first step I took which was to cut the B pillars and lower the rear of the roof. Next is to reshape the side window openings by removing the darkened areas.

I have had these wheels in my stash forever and I think they are a close representation to the drawing so I will be using them.

That's it for now on my progress. I just started slicing on this an hour ago. Comments and criticisms welcomed.

Later-

IMG_20200321_185032188.jpg

IMG_20200321_181631500.jpg

IMG_20200321_185324195.jpg

The drawing is very pretty, but suggests that the driver and passenger seats and the front wheels/tires will be trying to occupy the same space at the same time. I seem to remember from school some law of physics that says that this is impossible. :unsure:

This looks like a cool project, it'll be intresting to see where this goes. I noticed in the drawing the hood area is almost straight across and the riv is alot sharper. I will definitely be watching this build.

Edited by Scott8950

Well, thanks for the interest in this guys! I appreciate it very much. 

Snake- I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work out for the moment. Right now the only plausible answer I have is Physics, schmysics.... Lol.

I got the side window openings roughly shaped in. I have to figure out where and how to shorten the nose of the Rivi and attach it, including the windshield since the shape of the windshield in the drawing is definitely Riviera and not Deora. My first thought is to cut the entire front clip of the Riviera, including the windshield frame, remove the front of the Deora, including windshield frame, swap the parts and then shorten the nose of the Riviera. 

Fortunately I don't have my saws at home with me so I won't get in a rush to cut. I have a day to think about it first.

Later-

IMG_20200321_215307724.jpg

IMG_20200321_215258679.jpg

IMG_20200321_223603586.jpg

Thanks guys. 

7 hours ago, djflyer said:

Love this Gary Campesi design. I've been collecting parts to do this build for a while so I'll definitely be watching to see how you do this one.

Are you staying with the Deora kit driveline or planning to change that also? 

I haven't given a lot of thought to it but so far the plan is to use the Deora chassis because I have it. I don't have the chassis and suspension for the Rivi.

I made some down and dirty cuts tonight. No real measuring. Just eyeballing it. Hopefully I'm not off.

Later-

IMG_20200322_203807544_HDR.jpg