Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, vamach1 said:

I did get a little happy ordering online two kits.  One from France and one from Italy which hopefully will be here in about a month.  Can anyone guess which ones?

 

 

OK I will bite.  France might be a Hachette something and Italy, don't know unless we are talking about some scale other than 1/24 like 1/43 which you have been know to collect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gramps46 said:

OK I will bite.  France might be a Hachette something and Italy, don't know unless we are talking about some scale other than 1/24 like 1/43 which you have been know to collect.

Keep guessing but a hint is they are not Mark II's or IVs and they are 1/24th.  Me collect/build 1/43?  😄

IMG_7491.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great progress! I was looking for ideas for another GT40 build - this certainly could be it.  Would I be correct the Italian purchase would be this one:

No photo description available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did not rule out MK1 and JWA Gulfs then if we are still in the GT40 category.  Then there are always Mustangs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, djflyer said:

Great progress! I was looking for ideas for another GT40 build - this certainly could be it.  Would I be correct the Italian purchase would be this one:

No photo description available.

That's one of the two.  🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 1:44 PM, Funkychiken said:

It's impossible to dislike a GT40, great build so far!

Thanks.  I knew this would be the challenge all along.  There wasn't really any chance beforehand to test fit the modified Fujumi chassis, the very inflexible resin body and the added engine that sadly will mostly be out of view.  So, hopefully the epoxy will hold with my rubber bands of encouragement.  The rear tires are a tad too wide but pretty hard to undo that without more modifications.  I am glad I waited to do the decals and surely the would have gotten messed up with all the bands.  So aside from a few mirrors, putting the front wheel back on and some touch up painting I hope to put this on in the completed column.  I was called in to work this wee so my modeling time has dropped off a lot and I probably would not have tackled this project if not for the extra time.  While the glue dries overnight I worked on a driver figure for another GT40 build and will finish that soon too.

IMG_7501.JPG

IMG_7502.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, djflyer said:

Great progress! I was looking for ideas for another GT40 build - this certainly could be it.  Would I be correct the Italian purchase would be this one:

 

Who makes this and where can I get one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, afx said:

Who makes this and where can I get one?

DDP makes the roadster curbside kit but with shipping it is over $200.  I ordered one directly from Pierpaolo Pintarelli.  I bought this old CMA  transkit I am building at NNL east about three years ago.  You could try Island Collectibles to see if they still have any.  I think you could basically build the same thing as the CMA kt using the Fujumi 68/69 car combined with some other MK II parts.

IMG_7503.JPG

IMG_7504.PNG

Edited by vamach1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 3:01 PM, Gramps46 said:

You did not rule out MK1 and JWA Gulfs then if we are still in the GT40 category.  Then there are always Mustangs.

I figured if not now when so here is the other one coming.

IMG_7505.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Rex on both your selections and purchases.  Really good choices to add to your collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Wyre Gulf GT MKI from 57 Daytona looks great so far. What are you planning on using to replicating the marker lights on the top of the car? I've looked around trying to find something similar and have come up black so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bill J said:

Your Wyre Gulf GT MKI from 57 Daytona looks great so far. What are you planning on using to replicating the marker lights on the top of the car? I've looked around trying to find something similar and have come up black so far. 

I have not found anything yet.  They look like a very generic light for that time period -perhaps for a truck or emergency vehicle.  The Spark 1/18 model has replicated them nicely.

IMG_7943.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

I have not found anything yet.  They look like a very generic light for that time period -perhaps for a truck or emergency vehicle.  The Spark 1/18 model has replicated them nicely.

IMG_7943.PNG

Thanks for that. I was thinking the lights were perhaps navigation lights used on ships or boats. Haven't seen anything like them in scale or 1:1. I guess the same can be said for the front fender mirrors, they're a little different from most. I guess we keep looking :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting fact is that P1049 is a "street coupe" and was not originally built as a race car. It was Grady Davis' personal toy and was converted into a race car. It still has the street coupe Rover door locks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work so far, I'm enjoying following along.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress.

David G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David G. said:

Excellent work so far, I'm enjoying following along.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress.

David G.

Thanks.  I think I posted this in the under glass section as I wa 95% done except for the roof lights.

IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7531.JPG

IMG_7532.JPG

IMG_7533.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roof lights look a lot like racing mirrors to me, no ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...