Model Cars Magazine Forum

1931 Ford Model A Sedan Rat Rod

curt raitz

1931 Ford Model A Sedan Rat Rod based on Revell kit #85-2169.

Chopped, Channeled, Z'ed the frame, top opened, V8 flathead with Ardun heads, Oliver Tractor grill, Replicas & Miniatures #DD-23 Custom Headers, #FH-60 Generator, #FH-62 Starter, P-147 Halibrand 5 Slot wheels and tires added to the mix. Plumbed and wired engine, brake lines added, scratch built seats w/rope seatbelts, headlights, fuel tank and "pink booby/D-cup" shift knob.

Painted Testors Prowler Purple then with Flat clear and about 4  coats of Rustall brushed on. Decals are from Slixx. 

DSC_0988_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0989_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0990_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0992_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0998_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_1000_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0994_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0996_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0997_Fotor-vi.jpg

thanx for lookin'...

Edited by curt raitz
missed some text

That’s really neat, Curt! Model A sedans lend themselves so perfectly to rat rods and the tractor grill is an essential rat rod item. I really like the weathering, old Revell parts pack style Halibrand’s and the chain link “floor” and of course, the ARDUN. 

Has the proper appearance for a Rat Rod. What I notice is all of the little extras done in the detailing. Lots of screens, Floors, Intake Stacks, and the rope seat belts are a nice touch. I also appreciate the general shape of the Shifter.   

• 4 weeks later...

Love the detailing on this one! The screen floors are a cool touch, really add depth to the model.

At first I thought the tractor grille was one of my 3D printed pieces, but I see it has different proportions, interesting!

The mesh screens on the injector stacks really do it for me :)