Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Pontiac Grand Prix. + Outdoor Shots.

StevenGuthmiller

After following along on your WIP, I can't say I am surprised at how nicely you turned this one out. Beautiful paint, color combos, and outstanding attention to detail.

Your work in general is a great example of making each part "a model within a model."

Thank you so much guys!

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated!

19 minutes ago, Deuces ll said:

With your permission, I would love to post these pictures on the hamb if it's ok with you..... They have an on going model car thread on there.... ?

I have no problem with that.

All of my builds are for public consumption. ;)

17 minutes ago, kelson said:

i'm sure you're glad you decided to repaint at the beginning.?

I am.

I would have most likely been disappointed with everything else turning out so well and knowing that the paint wasn't up to my standards.

Steve

Steve,

That is an outstanding build! I also read through your WIP post and was impressed with all of the work you put into this. I urge folks to look at that post, too, to see the incredible work you did on the interior (especially the dashboard).

The shine on this model is amazing, so here is my one question for you. What's your process for polishing the model? What kind of polish do you use, what do you apply it with, and what's the technique? (Sorry, I guess that was more than one question!)

Thanks,

Bart