Model Cars Magazine Forum

What was the worst movie you saw at the theater??

slusher

I go to the movies once in a while, and I saw a movie on television that I never lived and should have left while it was playing. Some may like one we disliked that’s the way it is. So what’s the worst movie you ever saw at the theater?

I hate and never got it was Vanilla sky. Tom Cruise

Bobby Deerfield.............

You may have to look it up.  Advertising made it out as a movie about Formula 1......which it had about 5 minutes total. They rest was a bad drama filled love story that made no sense at all.  REALLY bad.......

You can add all Tom Cruise movies....but I have not seen one in theaters since Days of Thunder.....Another really bad racing movie with drama love....

Luggage of the Gods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luggage_of_the_Gods!

Worse than the Wiki Description by a long shot. To add insult to injury, my wife (who'd never seen it, I'd seen it before we got married) rented it two different times about 5 years apart, despite my protests. Low Budget does not begin to Cover the Awful!

And this One!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_but_Trouble_(1991_film)

So bad, that my wife and I joke that Aykroyd used to pay people to go to video stores and buy copies, just so they could take them home and burn them!  This is the Worst Movie I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, alexis said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_but_Trouble_(1991_film)

So bad, that my wife and I joke that Aykroyd used to pay people to go to video stores and buy copies, just so they could take them home and burn them!  This is the Worst Movie I've ever seen. 

Funny....I LOVE 'Nothing but Trouble'.......You gotta turn the brain off and watch Demi.......'I GET DIANE'!

John Cany's car

TROUBLE2.JPG

35 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

The Joel Schumacher directed and George Clooney starred, debacle know as Batman and Robin. I'm a comic book nerd so going to see these is a no brainer for me. I was not prepared for the level of disappointment here.

I didn’t like it either and still have never watched it on television......

1 hour ago, Rodent said:

Anything Ed Wood is pretty funny with 21st Century goggles on. I don't know how they were received when they were released. Badly, I suspect.

Ed was a strange man. Plan 9 was Bela Lugosi's last film. He died half way through it and his psychiatrist finished the film in his place. He kept the cape over his eyes but you could still tell it wasn't Lugosi.

29 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

However for me most comic book movies miss the mark becuase they off decide to make changes in origin stories that don't match what has been established in the original comic books.

That sort of thing doesn't bother me at all. I love heroic characters and I don't care what they change as long as they still respect the character and what he or she stands for. I can't think of a comic book character change that really irritated me all that much. I'm just a 52 year old adolescent who's overjoyed to see these characters (and their creators) getting their time in the sun. Excelsior! 

2 hours ago, Miatatom said:

Ed was a strange man. Plan 9 was Bela Lugosi's last film. He died half way through it and his psychiatrist finished the film in his place. He kept the cape over his eyes but you could still tell it wasn't Lugosi.

"Pull the string"

For English class in either eighth grade or freshman year in high school, the class got dragged out on a field trip to see "Murder on the Orient Express".  What a snooze fest that was.  In ninth grade we saw the late Sixties version of "Romeo and Juliet"...the chick that played Juliet was pretty hot as I remember. 

As for the Ed Wood films, if you have seen any of them you absolutely must see the Tim Burton film "Ed Wood".  Burton nailed all of the scenes from Wood's films.  If Wood had been just a little bit better, he'd be forgotten today.

2 hours ago, Miatatom said:

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

As for the Ed Wood films, if you have seen any of them you absolutely must see the Tim Burton film "Ed Wood".  Burton nailed all of the scenes from Wood's films.  If Wood had been just a little bit better, he'd be forgotten today.

How many of us got the Polar Lights saucer? Agreed, "Ed Wood" was amazing. And....... We..... Have.... Derailed..... Another ..... Thread...... I don't think I can point to a worst movie in a theatre. I attended many Rocky Horror screenings in the late 70s and I saw a double feature with "Flesh Gordon" and "Reefer Madness" around the same time. Really bad movies, but they were fun. Warning: Do NOT Google "Flesh Gordon" unless you are ready for the results. It was kind of a parody soft-core thing that was so stupid it was funny.

image.png.a46623ff2bb99222f456fbbbff5481e3.png

9 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Battlefield Earth..really cheesy sci-fi movie w/ John Travolta, lots of weird camera angles. 

Wasn't that the one based on an L. Ron Hubbard novel?  That guy wrote a bunch of stuff, I saw his name on a "Tales of Wells Fargo" episode...