Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

At Walmart (at least one store)


Recommended Posts

On 9/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, Classicgas said:

Rumour has it some are selling them for$10 each. I doubt it, but will check mine tomorrow.

Week before last, I bought 2 kits at Wal-Mart, priced at $24.97 each on the aisle display.  But when I checked out, the price was $19.97.  Instant $5 saving on each kit!

There was no mention of the discount on the aisle display, or anywhere else.  Didn't know about it until the self-checkout machine rang them up at $19.97.

Last week, the aisle display was gone.  The remaining kits were on an end cap in the Toy aisle.  Bought one and no discount - the price was $24.97.

Edited by Mike999
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Week before last, I bought 2 kits at Wal-Mart, priced at $24.97 each on the aisle display.  But when I checked out, the price was $19.97.  Instant $5 saving on each kit!

There was no mention of the discount on the aisle display, or anywhere else.  Didn't know about it until the self-checkout machine rang them up at $19.97.

Last week, the aisle display was gone.  The remaining kits were on an end cap in the Toy aisle.  Bought one and no discount - the price was $24.97.

Certain kits are priced at $24.95 - mostly the Semis and Coca Cola kits, the rest at $19.95. Therefore, you did not get a $5 instant savings.

The trike kits are $14.95 each.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I have checked at a number of local stores and there has been nothing......Easton & Bethlehem in Pa and Phillipsburg, Nj. Last year around Christmas time, the Lehighton, Pa. store had the aisle display.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 10:23 PM, BlackSheep214 said:

Check the Clearance aisle at your Walmart stores. All kits are now $7 each!!!! Even the Coca Cola kits!

Each store does their own clearance, so not everyone will have that same $7 price. Some stores are even just getting their initial pallet in. But I appreciate the heads up because I will be searching the clearance section more diligently now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the pics I have all they have. Except for the semi. So I'l not too interested and won't bother checking anymore. Same with Hobby Lobby. I have everything they have. So no more 40 mole trips. I liked the 40% off coupon because I could pick up something other than a kit. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Looking at the pics I have all they have. Except for the semi. So I'l not too interested and won't bother checking anymore. Same with Hobby Lobby. I have everything they have. So no more 40 mole trips. I liked the 40% off coupon because I could pick up something other than a kit. 

 

Exactly. At least with the 40% coupon they would get money out of me for SOMETHING if I walked in the store and couldn't find a kit I wanted. Display case, can of paint, supplies, gift for someone else. now they get ZERO dollars from me if they don't have a kit I want. And the way their variety has been stagnant the last year I'm struggling to even find a kit to buy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Exactly. At least with the 40% coupon they would get money out of me for SOMETHING if I walked in the store and couldn't find a kit I wanted. Display case, can of paint, supplies, gift for someone else. now they get ZERO dollars from me if they don't have a kit I want. And the way their variety has been stagnant the last year I'm struggling to even find a kit to buy. 

I know. I agree.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Exactly. At least with the 40% coupon they would get money out of me for SOMETHING if I walked in the store and couldn't find a kit I wanted. Display case, can of paint, supplies, gift for someone else. now they get ZERO dollars from me if they don't have a kit I want.

Yeah I don't think this was their intent when they said they would save the customers more money by getting rid of the coupon.

I used to do the same thing with Greenlights and Auto World 1/64's as the coupon took it down to the WM prices next door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My local Walmart has them. Two weeks ago on a cardboard island and now they're on a shelf. I picked up the Popper Pinto and regretted it once I got home and opened it. 😂 I might go back for the 69 Torino Cobra. We'll see. Or maybe I should just take up my buddy's offer to go to Dean's. Been too long since I built anything and I don't think the Pintos gonna spark the inspiration. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Metalbeast said:

My local Walmart has them. Two weeks ago on a cardboard island and now they're on a shelf. I picked up the Popper Pinto and regretted it once I got home and opened it. 😂 I might go back for the 69 Torino Cobra. We'll see. Or maybe I should just take up my buddy's offer to go to Dean's. Been too long since I built anything and I don't think the Pintos gonna spark the inspiration. 😂

Can it be built stock?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...