Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya RX7

asfastasu

Built OOB. Paint is Tamiya ts53 deep metallic blue cleared with ts13 and then polished. I read on this site that the taillight panel was brittle and to be careful with it and I still managed to break it into three pieces🤬. Posed next to gramps.lol The brown FB was posted about a year ago on here.

PXL_20210822_191401879.jpg

PXL_20210822_191513500.jpg

PXL_20210822_191557816.jpg

PXL_20210822_191749402.jpg

PXL_20210822_191946821.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, Jonathan said:

Beautiful work!  

That SA/FB - which kit did you use?  Isn't the old Tamiya kit of the first gen curbside? 

Ha! Ha!  I see I commented on that build, too.  The old Monogram kit.  Both are beautiful builds!

Those are great looking models. The dark blue finish is outstanding. I used to own each one of those cars in 1:1. My first RX7 was brown, very similar to your model. My second RX7 was black, but looked similar to your model. The brown car was faster than the black car. By the time that the black car was made it had gained a lot of weight. Regarding the black car. It blew the seals on the rotor when it was about 600 miles after the warrentee expired. Mazda refused to do anything for me to help cover the cost of fixing the engine. They told me that I should have revved the engine higher to burn off the carbon on the seals. I asked if that was clearly covered in the Owners Manual. They had no answer. They offered me a $500 discount on a new Mazda. Needless to say, I never owned a Mazda after this experience.

• 3 weeks later...