Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 'Cuda

Bronzekeg

thanks for the heads up guys. I did manage to spend some time on the engine. I usually am a fan of box art but this angle of the car is horrible on the box top. I will be saving the kit wheels for a super bee in the future, so mine won't be completely out of the box build. more later.

DSC03997.JPG

DSC03999.JPG

DSC04006.JPG

• Like 1

thanks guys for the input and kind words, I did get the chassis painted with the exhausts and driveline done. tire treads have been sanded and sidewalls scuffed. when you stick the engine in the frame and see the size comparison it's no wonder the real cars are so valuable.

DSC04014.JPG

DSC04018.JPG

DSC04017 (2).JPG

• Like 2

On 12/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, Bronzekeg said:

picked out today at hobby lobby on sale for 18.00. also got the 69 super bee for 20.00. plus there are more mopars in the stash that need to be built, so it looks like chrysler products for a while. comments and criticisms are welcome and thanks for looking.

On 12/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, Bronzekeg said:

Nice detailing on the alternator and clutch fan. Since you asked….the plug wires look a little thin. See if you can find some 30awg wire wrapping wire for the next one. It looks just the right size.

Edited by NOBLNG

thanks all for input and following, the dash board and interior are moving right along. not really a big fan of the billboard stripes so it probably won't have them. I did manage to get paint on the body and will start painting the details in a day or two. that's all for now.

DSC04028 (2).JPG

DSC04035 (2).JPG

DSC04036 (2).JPG

8 hours ago, David G. said:

Great color choice!

Nice paintwork on the trim too.

It's a shame about the BMF, I have a couple of sheets that I ordered earlier this year. I hope I get lucky with them but I fear that I won't.

David G.

thank you David for the kind words!