Model Cars Magazine Forum

excitinting new kits for 2023 from Heller

ingema

Cool planes, too. I gotta get the 1/48 Mirage IV P. If you’re not familiar with it, it was larger than the other Mirage fighters. It had twin engines and was meant to be a nuclear fast strike bomber. 

The 1/72 Lockheed Constellation airliner is cool, too. I think they offered it as the US Navy sub hunter in the past. 

The racing team looks interesting, I had the Gordini back when AMT did those double kits.  I wouldn't mind having another shot at that one.  Hopefully Heller will throw some effort behind finding better distribution here.  They have some interesting items, their older kits are quite well done.  If more people here would have better access to them, I'm sure they could sell more of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keyser said:

Looks good, nice build. Skill to drag it that far. 

Thanks, I don't give up easily, I guess. The above attached review is pretty spot on.

I don't mean to tar all Heller kits with the same brush. I built the Lotus 49B a few years back and apart from replacing the tires and decals, I found it to be a first rate kit, especially for its age. Thread here, scroll down for the photos:

8 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Some interesting stuff there for sure. 

2CV van? Oh yeah.

Be interesting to see what if any difference there is between it and the Ebbro/Tamiya version. I'm not sure anyone is going to argue that the Heller 2CV is a better kit than the Tamiya one the Ebbro kit uses as it's base.