Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

2 hours ago, bbowser said:

Came in the mail yesterday, 3 weeks from the Ukraine.

If you'd rather get ICM kits quicker from a U.S. vendor, HobbyLinc and Megahobby both carry the line.  I ordered that Light Delivery Car from HobbyLinc back in October. Their price was $47.86.  It has some nice detail, like all the "wood" framing inside the roof.

10 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

If you'd rather get ICM kits quicker from a U.S. vendor, HobbyLinc and Megahobby both carry the line.  I ordered that Light Delivery Car from HobbyLinc back in October. Their price was $47.86.  It has some nice detail, like all the "wood" framing inside the roof.

$40 shipped, I don't mind the wait.  I've got plenty enough to keep me busy! :lol:

Got these yesterday. The Corvair was a PIF and the other two were a trade, all from Dave Branson. All great kits and the Shelby has really nice decals. Really making it hard to keep up my resolution of finishing my started builds before cracking open another kit. Dave is a great guy to trade with and as you can see sent me some fantastic kits.

SAM_0330.JPG

27 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Are there any plated parts in the above kit? I have their 1/35 scale Packard, and there are none in that. 

No, the tree that should be plated, isn't.  Going to have to find a suitable paint to reproduce the brass.  

4 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

I got one of these.

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/north-american-p51-d-mustang-1-48.html

Between the 4 wheel variety and the propeller version, I'll bet I've got 50(+) kits and over 150 decal options.

There is a thread in the "Off-Topic Lounge" for the above models. I like planes and trains. But, not here. 

16 minutes ago, bbowser said:

No, the tree that should be plated, isn't.  Going to have to find a suitable paint to reproduce the brass.  

Too bad. I'll be passing on their kits in the future because of the lack of plated parts, and price. I don't see their kits as a good value for what they don't have. 

4 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Well, i turned 50 and decided to feed my Mid Life Crisis, by buying a Porsche 

PorscheFarm.jpg

First of all, Happy Birthday!  Thought you might like to see this Porsche commercial.  It is actually a 111 but close enough. 

Edited by Pete J.

Hit Des Plaines Hobby with Tom (Feretzrus) yesterday and picked up some Alclad Aqua Clear to see how well it works with Molotow chrome, and some Testors Radome Tan paint to do some touch-ups on the '61 T-bird promo I'm restoring; turns out to be a perfect match for the molded tan plastic.

Meanwhile we dropped off his Dodge minivan at the nearby Car-X shop for a fuel pump repair... (continued in Off Topic under "What Irked You Today?")

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...