Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

2 hours ago, cobraman said:

Good number !  Last week I was at 6.1 down from a +12 a few years ago. Doctor thought i  may have to start insulin but once I knew what it was I was able to bring it down pretty quick. Keep up the good work !

Thanks, I’m taking some insulin plus a couple other things and gave one of those LibreLink things for my phone……which I like better that poking my fingers.  Hopefully if I keep this up, I can be off the insulin by my birthday this fall.

We got Sod. We moved into a new Villa since we downsized from the old house. Builders in our area are running behind on getting yards in since they're build new homes as fast as they can and can't get enough employees to finish everything. Toke the crew all day in 90 degree heat to lay the Sod here and for the Villa next door. We have been looking at weeds and dirt for over a month so we're happy campers now. 

40 minutes ago, Earl Marischal said:

Watching my 3 year old granddaughter running around in the sunset chasing soap bubbles and laughing.

steve

Love it!  I have three granddaughters three and under. When one looks up at me and says, “Papa!”  You just melt!

• Like 1

My grandson asked for a fishing pole. We found a good one, and put a casting plug on it. It didn't take him long to figure out how to cast with it. For the moment at least, the cats are thrilled. There will be at least a few outings for fishing this summer. 

Speaking of grand kids, my one and only who I have not seen since he was 2 months old is now about 17 months old will be coming out in a couple of weeks. I am so looking forward to it. My daughter and son in law live in Virginia so with the virus and distance it made it pretty much impossible for any visits. My wife and I have been getting ready for his visit and my house is starting to look like a preschool . But I don't mind a bit.

I understand that Ray!  Right now my sister is on her way from NJ to Texas to visit her only granddaughter.  She's a year old and this will be the second time she's seen her!   

In the meantime, put all the models up and out of the way!  Last time my granddaughters arrived the eldest went right for the row of models on our wall unit!  They were moved up to the work room until they left!

On 6/9/2021 at 1:51 PM, Joe Handley said:

Had my A1C checked as part of a doctor’s appointment today and it was down to 6.2, when I was hospitalized in February, it had spiked to around 12😨 and pre-pandemic had been averaging around +/-7.0!

Good for you! I went from normal to 9.0. Changed my diet and have been running 6.6 ever since. I do miss having ice cream every day though.

4 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I understand that Ray!  Right now my sister is on her way from NJ to Texas to visit her only granddaughter.  She's a year old and this will be the second time she's seen her!   

In the meantime, put all the models up and out of the way!  Last time my granddaughters arrived the eldest went right for the row of models on our wall unit!  They were moved up to the work room until they left!

Good idea Tom. I do have all my models and die cast in cabinets but that doesn't mean he wont be able to open them up and get to my stuff. I have a couple cars for him plus a bunch of other stuff so maybe just maybe my stuff will be safe.

17 hours ago, cobraman said:

Good idea Tom. I do have all my models and die cast in cabinets but that doesn't mean he wont be able to open them up and get to my stuff. I have a couple cars for him plus a bunch of other stuff so maybe just maybe my stuff will be safe.

Never underestimate the strength of a child's curiosity. You want them to stay curious, so best to secure anything you don't want them into. 

Back in April, The Lovely Mrs. Snake's health insurance expired and her Medicare hadn't kicked in yet. She's on several expensive prescriptions so we signed up for Good RX (after seeing many of their commercials on free streaming TV.) The program is $6 per month, but it looked like it was going to save us many times that much each month in prescription costs. (The first month is actually free.) 

TLMS got onto a free or cheap prescription program through Medicare a couple weeks later. I let the Good RX membership stand until we were sure the new program would work out. After several weeks of satisfactory service from the new provider, I decided today to cancel the Good RX before being billed for a second month. 

I called their contact number. A recording answered, with the option "To cancel your Good RX, press 3." I did, expecting a major runaround or at least a long delay. The call was answered in person on the 2nd or 3rd ring, and the young lady couldn't have been nicer. She agreed to cancel our service and didn't even ask why. Astoundingly, she offered to fully refund our fee for the first month, since we never used the service, even though I didn't even suggest it. She handled the transaction immediately and within minutes I had confirmation of the cancellation and refund in my email box. The whole thing couldn't have possibly been any smoother or easier or more pleasant. I told her if our situation ever changed and we thought Good RX would work for us in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to sign up with them again. She said she appreciated that. 

Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone has seen their ads and wondered if they're reputable and a good deal or not. IMHO, they're the real deal and a good outfit to deal with. B)

20 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Back in April, The Lovely Mrs. Snake's health insurance expired and her Medicare hadn't kicked in yet. She's on several expensive prescriptions so we signed up for Good RX (after seeing many of their commercials on free streaming TV.) The program is $6 per month, but it looked like it was going to save us many times that much each month in prescription costs. (The first month is actually free.) 

TLMS got onto a free or cheap prescription program through Medicare a couple weeks later. I let the Good RX membership stand until we were sure the new program would work out. After several weeks of satisfactory service from the new provider, I decided today to cancel the Good RX before being billed for a second month. 

I called their contact number. A recording answered, with the option "To cancel your Good RX, press 3." I did, expecting a major runaround or at least a long delay. The call was answered in person on the 2nd or 3rd ring, and the young lady couldn't have been nicer. She agreed to cancel our service and didn't even ask why. Astoundingly, she offered to fully refund our fee for the first month, since we never used the service, even though I didn't even suggest it. She handled the transaction immediately and within minutes I had confirmation of the cancellation and refund in my email box. The whole thing couldn't have possibly been any smoother or easier or more pleasant. I told her if our situation ever changed and we thought Good RX would work for us in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to sign up with them again. She said she appreciated that. 

Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone has seen their ads and wondered if they're reputable and a good deal or not. IMHO, they're the real deal and a good outfit to deal with. B)

I used goodrx free version a couple of times before. My prescription insurance is not great. Its almost always within a couple of dollars of my paid prescription plan. I didn't know they had a paid version but the free version is good

30 minutes ago, youpey said:

I used goodrx free version a couple of times before. My prescription insurance is not great. Its almost always within a couple of dollars of my paid prescription plan. I didn't know they had a paid version but the free version is good

I didn't even know they had a free version. That didn't seem to be an option when we signed up. Maybe it's like Photobucket, it was once free but now they charge for it. :unsure:

25 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I didn't even know they had a free version. That didn't seem to be an option when we signed up. Maybe it's like Photobucket, it was once free but now they charge for it. :unsure:

i would just google goodrx and the product name. it would show me the prices for the products and where to get it the cheapest. i always go to cvs, since its the only one by my house. typically they are all within a dollar or so. 

for example, if you looking for amoxicillin, i would just google goodrx amoxicillian and it would bring back this result

https://www.goodrx.com/amoxicillin

dont know if the paid version is cheaper. its basically like a coupon program, but it seems like every product i have ever needed was there.

my wife was on a really expensive medicine, it took off like 100 dollars over retail, but it was still like 300 dollars a month. her rx plan brought it to 40 dollars.  my wife's insurance is good. mine isnt. unfortunately adding me makes hers very expensive and not worth it. 

When we first signed up with Good RX, we checked all TLMS's meds and found good prices on all of them. The minor glitch is that no one place had the best price on all of them--we'd have been going to three or four or different drugstores all over town. 

Since I had to buy into Medicare. I've had nothing but problems. Can't cancel my insurance because the wife needs it to cover her Psoriatic Arthritis meds. What I have found id there are prescriptions my doctor has ordered for me in the past. But Medicare doesn't cover it so either does my insurance have to cover it anymore. So next year will be an eye opener when my wire has to be on Medicare and then we'll find out if her scripts will still be covered. She is on Otezla and that is $3857.48 per month. Luckily my insurance covers it now. Don't know what all happen next April. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one for ya. Ordered a couple of models from Hobbylink Japan on June 17th and got the package on June 22nd. Japan!

All the horror stories we have trying to get our packages ordered and delivered within the states and I get this in 5 days. Amazing. I have a subscription to Motorsport magazine from England and still haven't got my June issue. Been like that the past year.

7 hours ago, cobraman said:

Can you share if not against forum rules ?

Got one of these, and from these people. Got an email from them offering me $20 off my first purchase, turns out they have free shipping on orders over $150, and they already discount the thing $30.00. My total price including my hideous state sales tax was about $193, good deal, and I plan to have at least that much fun with it. Haven't shot it yet, might try it Friday. Maybe I'll make some of those little red star targets (remember those? NO CUTTING!) and turn my basement into a carnival midway, HAHAHAHAAHHA! B)

https://www.airgundepot.com/umarex-legends-mp-bb-submachine-gun.html