Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell & Foose poll for 2 new kits

I initially thought of choosing the Imposter but I'd rather do my own (and already have all the parts acquired to do so) and am considering doing mid-60's variants of this build parameter with the other big-3 car makers. Maybe I can find a way to mix a GT40 chassis with a '64 Fairlane...

Not by a long shot. For starters, the entire body is sectioned, and the front wheel arches are moved forward.

f100_main_image.jpg

0608cct_07_z%2Bf100_supernationals%2B195

This, it was done for him on an episode of Overhaulin', that truck has a ton of work done to it beyond the obvious, moved arches, wedge section, custom stamped tailgate, custom frame, custom made rims, wild engine (might have been a Rousch/Yates, don't remember), ect.........and all done in one week while doing another mark's car!

If they tool up a whole new 56 F100 with a body like the 1:1, then I am in for a couple. If they drag out the old tired tool and try to pass it off as the real thing, I wouldn't give it a second look.

but it will have "New" Wheels and tires and decals and box art. :P

Done!

11406990_846521025429000_833969355237358

I would hate to see in this list the GMC "Butterscorched" pickup... so work done so far... LOL

Butter-vi.jpg

Butter_a-vi.jpg

And my vote for #1 certainly would be to 0032... too bad it isn't in the list.

scan_08.jpg

Edited by Drago

Thanks for posting this. My vote is in. I went for the Eldo first only because there is nothing I can think of that is like that in scale. I am a huge Foose fan. I think I have seen all his creations in person. Maybe someday they will give Troy a shot too. Think rumbler, sniper. The LSR cuda. Scott.

Too bad that NONE OF THE ABOVE is not an option. Nothing of interest among those ruined classic cars.

Sorry don't buy into the ruined part. I keep an open mind. There is always some idea useful in any concept. As they say one man's trash is anothers treasure. The world would be pretty dull without variety.

Remember with the exception of the hemisphere all those cars were commisioned to be built and designed for them.

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

Too bad that NONE OF THE ABOVE is not an option. Nothing of interest among those ruined classic cars.

Did anyone else realize that maybe it's NOT ABOUT US??? Note that Revell did the poll on FaceBook, not the Model Cars Magazine board. And for good reason, they didn't need the opinion of the cranky old men on this board who represent less than 1% of their sales. They are trying to expand the market for model cars by reaching out to the general public, car guys who don't model, and yes kids.

We complain that our hobby is going to die with us and when RM actually does something to create new markets and new modelers, we complain about that too!

"cranky old men on this board"

Who you calling old? : ) 53 going' on 14 right here.

Back to Troy - Think of the awesome parts! The engine form the Sniper or Biscayne would definitely be worth a second kit. And , chassis under the First Love is a show in itself. We can dream.

Did anyone else realize that maybe it's NOT ABOUT US??? Note that Revell did the poll on FaceBook, not the Model Cars Magazine board. And for good reason, they didn't need the opinion of the cranky old men on this board who represent less than 1% of their sales...

THANK YOU.

I WISH I COULD USE A BIGGER FONT TO SAY THAT.

If you find yourself in the Austin area, I'll buy you a beer for that. Yes, that one post and nothing else.

Back to Troy - Think of the awesome parts! The engine form the Sniper or Biscayne would definitely be worth a second kit. And , chassis under the First Love is a show in itself. We can dream.

For me, it started with Boyd. The awesomness of his cars hit me hard... Too bad on TV the focus was mainly on something other than these beautifull cars. Even more shamefull what AMT did on some Boyd cars. Testors did better on the Boyd cars.

Then there was Foose soon followed by Troy. These men are true artists. Gifted, hard working and humble (as far as I can judge) men that use their talents to the max. Every single part, small or big, visible or not, is executed in a perfect way.

Sniper is along my all time favourites. Managed to find it in resin... Also like Terracuda A LOT.

I think that any car originally built by these man AND represented well (!!!!!!) by one or another model kit manufacturer would be well worth being added to their line of car kits. Whether for the complete cars or their parts...