Model Cars Magazine Forum

If you could afford to have a kit designed

I'd go more simple........I'd tool a 77-78 Thunderbird kit done in the style of Revell's 77 Monte Carlo. Curbside model with a few options in the tool to allow issue of a number of versions. Options in the tooling to allow a base model 77 to a top end car with T Tops. This would sell to replica stock, low rider, custom and NASCAR builders. I'd not loose money on it. 

I'd buy cases!!!

Mine would be either the same as Dave's or a 90-94 Astro EXT.

Edited by wrecker388

I would have Revell do a full detailed 1970 Dodge Charger 500/ RT with some PE parts ,then get Revell to do 68-69' Dodge Coronet RT. Then have AMT do a 77-80 Freightliner Coe double bunk.and then dig up the old show rod kits koo koo kar,LiL gypsy wagon,LiL Cashbox.

Edited by Mr mopar

1951 Studebaker Commander. Unless somebody beat me to it, then Plan B would be the Reliant Robin. 

I can't tell if your joking or not but I think I would buy a Reliant Robin. It would really be cool if it included a Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust.

Let's see...

Cheetah 

1970 Chrysler 300 (my uncle had one, would like to build it)

1951 Studebaker Commander (gotta love the old "Bullet Nose")

How about a 1971-74 Charger kit, with the extra parts to build whichever model?  Or go the Mobius route and just release other kits by just tweaking the molds?

I was going to go on about expanding the discussion to forming a model company, buying out old molds from MiniExotics and Fein Designs, hiring ppl on this forum, etc etc...

But instead I'll keep it concise.  I'd have a full detail of either the Ferrari 312P or 350 CanAm, probably all in plastic but included would be all electrical and hoses etc...  A seriously full full full detail kit.

Edited by aurfalien

56 Lincoln Mark II

Series of 1/25 '34 Fords, stock and rod

53 Chevy

Here, here! I'll second that. Especially a 1/25th full detail Lincoln Mark II. How I left that off my list I'll never know! Given what they've been doing, maybe that's one for Moebius. With yet another attempt to salvage the Lincoln brand in progress now Ford could use a miniature halo car...

Since Moebius has released one of my choices, I would now love to see a new tool of the various 1957-1966 Ford trucks. I would also love to see the MPC annuals gradually backdated with interchangeable tooling inserts so that they could be released periodically in different year models not just the last one that it was changed to. Some of the Malaise-era cars would be nice too. Pintos, Vegas and Monzas, Oh My! Maybe a nice Cordoba or Ford Fairmont? Yes I know this just proves I am old.

I was going to go on about expanding the discussion to forming a model company, buying out old molds from MiniExotics and Fein Designs, hiring ppl on this forum, etc etc...

But instead I'll keep it concise.  I'd have a full detail of either the Ferrari 312P or 350 CanAm, probably all in plastic but included would be all electrical and hoses etc...  A seriously full full full detail kit.

You bring up a good point. I wonder what ever happend to all of those awesome ESCI molds? The Ford Transit, Mercedes G-Wagon, original Range Rovers, etc. Some reissues of those would be fantastic.

I would Have detailed kits made up of: Lotus Esprit V8, De Tamaso Mangusta, 2001 Jeep Cherokee (like in my avatar), and ALL the early Lamborghinis.

Monogram did a very nicely detailed kit of a Lotus Esprit V8. I found one recently at an antique mall for $10.

You bring up a good point. I wonder what ever happend to all of those awesome ESCI molds? The Ford Transit, Mercedes G-Wagon, original Range Rovers, etc. Some reissues of those would be fantastic.

Monogram did a very nicely detailed kit of a Lotus Esprit V8. I found one recently at an antique mall for $10.

Actually, it is a 4 cyl. If you havnt built one before, heres a warning: most of the engine/ undercarriage parts fit LOUSY!!  I do have another one that I will build this year. NOT looking forward to it, but its the only kit available.;)

Actually, it is a 4 cyl. If you havnt built one before, heres a warning: most of the engine/ undercarriage parts fit LOUSY!!  I do have another one that I will build this year. NOT looking forward to it, but its the only kit available.;)

That makes sense as they are all about gnarly 4 bangers.  Also figures about the fit as it's an old Mongram kit.

A P6 would be very nice

Tell me 'bout it...

photo pic012.jpg

Imagine a kit that would allow you to build any of the versions, Series 1, Series 2, 4 cylinder, V8.
The two dashboards, each in RHD and WHD, the different bumpers, grilles, bonnets, wheel covers and taillights.
Then throw in a police beacon, radio and decals.