Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Detailed Preview of Revell's Upcoming '30A Chopped Five Window Hot Rod....

What are YOU doing today ? :P 

Seeing couple of friends, playing with my kids, doing homework with them, working on few models, trying to bring order to my model room, reading posts on here, playing with my wife's boobs and watching a movie with a drink in my hand before going to bed. Or in short, not making a big deal out of a blurry picture. :D

• Haha 1

I like the look of those bomber seats but wouldn't they be a bit hard on the backside?

You'll find in a lot of cases, those aluminum aircraft seats used the parachute as a cushion for the butt, and some kind of removable back cushion. Specifications vary, but this is typical of some.

Image result for bomber seats parachute cushions     If you're going to drive those things for long, you'll need some king of cushions.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Guys...once again, the first round test shot is correctly molded with eight spark plug leads.  I find it highly unlikely this would have been changed in subsequent test shot revisions.

So until/unless someone gets the final production kit in their hands and shows us a distributor photo with seven instead of eight leads, we should anticipate that the distributor is indeed correct in the final tooling, and move on to other issues....  TIM  

I'm not going to criticize, I just want to know what kind of wheels the chrome ones are supposed to be. The rears look like Halibrand style but I don't recognize the fronts.

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone have some 1:1 pictures?^_^ Hope this isn't more fantasy.:huh:

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone have some 1:1 pictures?^_^ Hope this isn't more fantasy.:huh:

Per Tim Boyds original post that started this thread...

"This introduces a second set of wheels, a plated set of what are often referred to these days as “Halibrand" and/or “Speedway” mags, in shallow/n/deeper offsets, with a set of matching three-prong style knockoffs. (For a better look at these wheels in unplated/painted form, see the upper right corner of the June, 2015 issue of Scale Auto magazine, and the bottom of page 25 of the same issue.) "

Seeing couple of friends, playing with my kids, doing homework with them, working on few models, trying to bring order to my model room, reading posts on here, playing with my wife's boobs and watching a movie with a drink in my hand before going to bed. Or in short, not making a big deal out of a blurry picture. :D

I also suspect that you don't always drink beer, but when you do, you prefer Dos Equis! ?

Per Tim Boyds original post that started this thread...

"This introduces a second set of wheels, a plated set of what are often referred to these days as “Halibrand" and/or “Speedway” mags, in shallow/n/deeper offsets, with a set of matching three-prong style knockoffs. (For a better look at these wheels in unplated/painted form, see the upper right corner of the June, 2015 issue of Scale Auto magazine, and the bottom of page 25 of the same issue.) "

I tried to find a pic of Tim's '34 that used test shots of those wheels, but I can't find any on teh interwebz, so I'll have to take a screenshot of my digital SAE when I get home.  I don't remember them looking funky, (in fact I sent Tim an IM asking where he sourced those wheels when I first saw the article)  I think it might just be the plating making them look weird.

Here they are on Mr Boyd's 34 from the June 15 SAE.  Apologies if I'm breaking any forum rules by posting content from the other mag. I'd buy one just for these wheels, I love 'em. 

Screenshot_2016-03-19-23-00-11.png

Screenshot_2016-03-19-22-59-30.png

I refer to the ones on the front as Halibrand Kidney Beans. Love those wheels.

Guys...once again, the first round test shot is correctly molded with eight spark plug leads.  I find it highly unlikely this would have been changed in subsequent test shot revisions.

So until/unless someone gets the final production kit in their hands and shows us a distributor photo with seven instead of eight leads, we should anticipate that the distributor is indeed correct in the final tooling, and move on to other issues....  TIM  

I would tend to agree with you Tim, but this photo isn't blurry, and it clearly shows only 7. (Unless two are Siamesed? - Still not good) Won't stop me from picking one up, but if the one I buy has only 7 towers, I will grumble...

IMG_0829_zps74wxfhcf.jpg%7Eoriginal