Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

17 hours ago, larman said:

It occurred to me that all the current Ollie's Monogram kits were available in the Motorworks by Revell line, with the exception or the '64 Mustang convertible. I think these were  for Walmart? Not sure though.

Yes I got the Motorworks ones from Walmart. Not all of them got the Ollie's treatment though. 20231222_030809.thumb.jpg.662c5cd06b3270319ba88e5a5f39e762.jpg

2 hours ago, bobss396 said:

This is their brand X dehydrator. With temperature 🌡 control. I need to make a surround for it, found a plastic sign at Ace Hardware. This will be pop riveted to one of the trays. Also will pop rivet the seams, backed up with washers. 

20231220_140630.jpg

20231220_140634.jpg

20231220_145515.jpg

What I did was to get a roll of metal flashing and created a circle that fit into the grove of the dehydrator. Mine is 8 or 10 inches wide. It is long enough I could make three or four more. This works well for me as I don't need to worry about it being effected by heat.

17 hours ago, iBorg said:

What I did was to get a roll of metal flashing and created a circle that fit into the grove of the dehydrator. Mine is 8 or 10 inches wide. It is long enough I could make three or four more. This works well for me as I don't need to worry about it being effected by heat.

My brother made his from plastic sheet, he garbage picked at work, it has held up over the years. My old one was made from 10" chimney flashing, the good was it has only one seam. It is a little too deep to reach down into. This one I'm thinking 7" or 8" would be good. I run mine at 105 degrees so the sign material should work,

4 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Interesting factoid with the Monogram '32 Ford: contents of each kit doesn't take up very much space, so I managed to combine three into a single box.  Always helps to conserve some space in the stash...

I'm about to do that to mine. Thanks for the heads up!

13 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Interesting factoid with the Monogram '32 Ford: contents of each kit doesn't take up very much space, so I managed to combine three into a single box.  Always helps to conserve some space in the stash...

Once I open up a kit to build, I de-bulk the contents. Anything not used goes into a little bag that goes into my kit parts stash. Big things like hoods get clipped off close. I eventually move projects into plastic shoe boxes as I slap paint on them.

Merritt Island, FL Ollie's is down to these dregs. No one wants the Mach 5, Green Hornet or the Snow Dragster! I had a 10% off coupon to use. Heads up if you use a discount coupon it wont apply the 33% off & you can't stack the coupon with the 33% off. The cashier told me about this and rang up my two kits separately.  

IMG_20231230_133841823.jpg

1 minute ago, Robberbaron said:

Had to pick up some materials at Lowes today, so stopped in at the Merrillville Ollies across the street.  Literally NO kits of any kind.

Saves me a wasted trip - thank you!

• 5 weeks later...

I've read some over on Farcebook that some Ollie's are getting more kits in. My local one in Merritt Island, FL didn't have anything new last week when I went there to pick up some other stuff. It's Ollie's! There is no rhyme or reason LOL