Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do you listen to while you build???

slusher

If you like to build HOT RODS and listen to ROCKABILLY, here is a great streaming channel with real DJ's from all over the world.

http://rockabilly-radio.net/djs/      Great music and programs. Especially "The Drag Strip w/Strops Hop." You can listen

to his his archived shows on Mixcloud here>  www.mixcloud.com/StropsHop/

If you are into 60's 70' album rock and love deep tracks and real DJ's, "WXYG the GOAT' from Sauk Rapids MN is one of

my favorites.    thegoatwxyg.com/index.htm

When I'm in a weird mood I will always go to this station filled with wonderful PSYCHEDELIC mainstays and obscurities

as well as crazy old radio adds done by artist from the time period and some fun bumpers as well.    psychedelicized.com 

Boy, do I feel like an outlier. 

It varies, but I usually switch between Alternative, Jazz Fusion, and 20th Century Classical music. Favorites are Weather Report, and Return to Forever for Jazz. Classical is usually Hindemith, Prokofiev, Nielsen, and sometimes Ives. I sometimes binge on Tragically Hip.

54 minutes ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Boy, do I feel like an outlier. 

It varies, but I usually switch between Alternative, Jazz Fusion, and 20th Century Classical music. Favorites are Weather Report, and Return to Forever for Jazz. Classical is usually Hindemith, Prokofiev, Nielsen, and sometimes Ives. I sometimes binge on Tragically Hip.

Dave, you're really not that much of an outlier. My Vortexbox server is filled with old jazz fusion tracks.  Those are all great artists, when I was young got turned onto a neighbors

record collection. When I heard Miles, Weather Report, John McLaughlin and others it changed my life forever. And I was listening to Punk at the time, go figure:wacko:

I prefer to build in silence so as not to lose my concentration. What I have done sometimes, since I have hearing aids, is to set them on Zen or Zen 2. I normally have a ringing in my ears from damage caused from exposure to very load noises as a young man. They told me the Zen settings are supposed to help cure this problem. They lied, but it does cancel out the high pitched noise for the most part.   

I got a tv for Christmas last year for my room with Netflix so the tv shows I watch are Broken 99 (I’ve watched every season about 5 times) and The office (I have watched all 9 season 2 times). I also will have a movie on sometimes. 

Edited by 426 pack

Good one, kevin.  Try this.  Make some sort of 'anti' nag device.  Hit the spare parts box and fix up and old radio or something in full rube Goldberg fashion.   Patent it and you will make billions.  Or for something cheaper and simpler, look at your irritant through the tines of a fork.  Tell them you are pretending they are in jail.

Peace.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:35 AM, Khils said:

I .....Really try! .......not to "hear my wife".      Haven't perfected that one yet!     Skynyrd thru headphones " helps "  but does not cancel out.

Nag, Nag, Nag 

Now imagine it with a Spanish accent, and half of it in actual Spanish (when she's on the phone). Welcome to my life--I'm basically Jay on Modern Family. :lol:

I almost always listen to Pink Floyd, Metallica and Billy Idol. They have a way of psyching me up. I built a  model a good while ago and only listened to Pink Floyd's "The Wall". It was on cassette and the player just kept reversing itself. Ahhh, good times!