Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2017 Releases

Casey

The yellow street machine-only version of the '68 roadster from the 1988 Ultra Rods three-car set didn't include the L88 hood, but otherwise think you're correct that it was in all the other issues (of the '68 roadster kit).

Didn't remember that one! Googling it and seeing that Pro-Street C4 takes me back, man i loved that kit.   I built the Hot Rod Mag version with kit decals and some dark purple metallic Testors I mixed up for the Stingray III show car color.  It was so sweet and so 80's...  Maybe my favorite build I did as a kid. 

915YMDDJDzL._SL1500_.jpg

71hvR8--4aL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Brett Barrow

Didn't remember that one! Googling it and seeing that Pro-Street C4 takes me back, man i loved that kit.   I built the Hot Rod Mag version with kit decals and some dark purple metallic Testors I mixed up for the Stingray III show car color.  It was so sweet and so 80's...  Maybe my favorite build I did as a kid. 

915YMDDJDzL._SL1500_.jpg

71hvR8--4aL._SL1500_.jpg

I like those '80s Revell sets. The C4 pro street in the Ultra Rods set is called Bad Boy on the decals and has little skeletons mixed in with lightning bolts and stuff. Very '80s, and very cool.

The yellow street machine-only version of the '68 roadster from the 1988 Ultra Rods three-car set didn't include the L88 hood, but otherwise think you're correct that it was in all the other issues (of the '68 roadster kit).

Your correct Don, these two kits have the small block hood-my mistake.

Image result for revell 427 corvetteImage result for revell 68 corvette

Your correct Don, these two kits have the small block hood-my mistake.

Image result for revell 427 corvetteImage result for revell 68 corvette

I'm pretty sure at least one of those boxings--maybe both--have both the small-block and the L88 hoods. (I can't find my copy, of course, just since I want to discuss it.)

Picked up the rx7, straight reissue of the kit, includes all the racing parts, plus an excellent new decal sheet. Really happy too see this one back. Interesting thing is that this kit has pieces from all over the globe, tires and box made in Chine, decals from Italy, plastic parts molded and its all packaged in the USA. 

I'm pretty sure at least one of those boxings--maybe both--have both the small-block and the L88 hoods. (I can't find my copy, of course, just since I want to discuss it.)

You're right, the 2 'n 1 boxings of the '68 Roadster have the L88 and small-block hoods.  The molded-in-yellow kit that's in the Ultra Rods set can only be built as the street machine and it only has the small-block hood.

Picked up the rx7, straight reissue of the kit, includes all the racing parts, plus an excellent new decal sheet. Really happy too see this one back. Interesting thing is that this kit has pieces from all over the globe, tires and box made in Chine, decals from Italy, plastic parts molded and its all packaged in the USA. 

Which tires are included?

I like those '80s Revell sets. The C4 pro street in the Ultra Rods set is called Bad Boy on the decals and has little skeletons mixed in with lightning bolts and stuff. Very '80s, and very cool.

My favorite of that series of kits is the Rick Doberton Pontiac J2000 pro street! I built one exactly like the real one and it turned out great! Wish I wouldn't have sold it. :(

I have three more though. Just need to build another one.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the 69 Corvette today at Hobby Lobby in Columbia SC, it was sitting up on top of the model section, like it didn't have a slot for it. It was the only one there, also noticed the C7R Corvette was on the shelf.

Sure hope they have the Foose F100 and Suburban this summer.

Which tires are included?

I just picked one up also - an unexpected amount of flash on some of the trees but nothing that cant be easily fixed.

The racing parts tree has the bolt-on flares, roll cage and seats, and the racing wheels are there also.  Only problem is (for my kit at least) the only tires are some very skinny little street tires. They look undersized for street tires and will look really bad if used under the flares.

Anybody else have one of these kits with more than one set of tires?

Edited by djflyer

Yup!  Saw a couple perched on top of a Monogram '55 F100 pickup, resisted the urge to shake my head once more at the subject selection, and grabbed the one put aside for me.  And y'know, if we're not gonna demand anything more than retread subjects when offered a choice on new tooling, the resulting kits could certainly be done MUCH worse than this.  I'm liking mine a LOT so far.  Just 78 parts, but maximum leverage on those for detail.

They get the entire bed box/fenders/tailgate molded in ONE PIECE - with barely detectable seams!  Maybe it's just my ignorance about the process, but I'm all, like, WWWWW-O-O-O-OWWW imagining the molds sliding in and up and out and down to produce that part.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis
typo - "an' to "and"

Yup!  Saw a couple perched on top of a Monogram '55 F100 pickup, resisted the urge to shake my head once more at the subject selection, and grabbed the one put aside for me.  And y'know, if we're not gonna demand anything more than retread subjects when offered a choice on new tooling, the resulting kits could certainly be done MUCH worse than this.  I'm liking mine a LOT so far.  Just 78 parts, but maximum leverage on those for detail.

They get the entire bed box/fenders/tailgate molded in ONE PIECE - with barely detectable seams!  Maybe it's just my ignorance about the process, but I'm all, like, WWWWW-O-O-O-OWWW imagining the molds sliding in and up and out and down to produce that part.

is it a prepainted kit like the Foose Corvette and Challenger?

I have seen a mock up video of the Foose FD-100. Molded in white plastic.And it looks so good!

Whut Jon said!  Thought we might get a pre-paint but nope!  All up to you.

Thanks guys I planed on getting one either way!

Received it today, opened it up, its a nice kit. A little simplified for my tastes but it has some nice parts, wheels are very nice, the tires are no names, guess I have to get used to that. suspension is ok, did Foose not put shocks on the front of his truck? The engine is great, I didn't realize he used a big block ford in his truck, I know I'll keep the headers for a ZR1 engine. Since I'm not into Fords,  most of the kit will get resold.

Edited by Bert