Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2017 Releases

Casey

Some great stuff there! Thumbs up for the Charger, and the Suburban will also be a "must have"!
The windshield frame on the Foose Caddy looks strange, for some reason. Maybe all that silver at the base?
Don't matter, I will definitely buy it.

Re Caddy: LOVE it.

Re F100: bit mystified that it'd get votes when there's already been a similar truck in the range, but I'll take it.

Re Charger: pretty solid-looking R/T that seems less and less like a Hemi the more of it we see...

Along the same lines of thinking. Why did they bring out the Charger? They already have several releases of a Charger that looks almost identical.  Give you an idea of why? Just because it's close doesn't mean it's anywhere near the same.

I'm looking forward to REAL Foose cars.

If you wouldn't mind reading the post again, Del, I didn't say I wondered why Revell brought it out - this is the company that brought out an almost entirely retooled '13 Boss Mustang just a few years after a very similar 2010.  They just tend to do that sometimes.

What I wondered was why the F100 got voted in by modelers when there were other more novel Foose subjects on the menu.  But like I said, I'll take it.  Whatever floats everybody's boat floats mine enough as well.

If you wouldn't mind reading the post again, Del, I didn't say I wondered why Revell brought it out - this is the company that brought out an almost entirely retooled '13 Boss Mustang just a few years after a very similar 2010.  They just tend to do that sometimes.

What I wondered was why the F100 got voted in by modelers when there were other more novel Foose subjects on the menu.  But like I said, I'll take it.  Whatever floats everybody's boat floats mine enough as well.

And toast's their goat

So, looks like I have to give you this one now, the new NASCAR glue kits look very cool, and it would be a very big understatment that I am excited.

( Ok blunc aka Mike Cassidy, I did it, just like I told you I would:lol:)

good on ya, mate. :D

Edited by blunc

Maybe because some of us want a nicer '56 F-100 that does not have a cab that looks like chewed bubble gum.  

Looking closely at the 70'Charger R/T looks like a 440 car there is no Hemi Badging on the front fender ,in that case would be fine with me . and I to hope the door scoops are separate . so I can make my 70'Charger 500.

Based on the F&F version, I'd near-as-guarantee you they'll be separate. They'd have had to tool new side inserts for the body mold to integrate the scoops.

And yup, you're articulating just what I've noticed.  I'm betting there would have been big black HEMI splashes on the hood too.

Looking forward to the Foose F-100, not sure about the Eldorod. I sure hope they do more Foose cars down the road. Even though the Grand Master lost the vote, I would still like to see it done. A couple weeks ago I had a chance to see both the Grand Master and Madam X, both are gorgeous and amazing when you see them in person. 

Yes, the Grand Master IS what I'm talkin' about, but lookie here -

there's no denying the new Foose pickup will be leagues ahead of its forebear in design and builder-friendliness. Now that Revell has finally broken out some LIDAR on these (if they hadn't already on the C7 'Vettes), this kit's a lead-pipe cinch to represent its subject far more accurately than the old F100 does its.  That Foose's truck is some sweet eye candy was never even questioned in the first place, and now that some of its more desirable features have been enumerated, I begin to understand the rationale a little better.

But a little F T F Y is still in order:

"Along (what're truly) the same lines of thinking: IS IT ANY WONDER they bring out the Charger? Revell offers several all-new Foose vehicles for modelers to choose, yet they pick one of the two in seven with antecedents in kits already produced.  If that's all their customers want, why wouldn't Revell keep generating new tools of previously kitted subjects?"

The F100 hasn't exactly been the part of this exercise to discredit that practice.  Not really the sort of thing to encourage, say, a '51 Merc over a '49, by way of f'rinstance.

Ok I'm wrong the 70' Charger will have a Hemi ,seen a photo on an other site and it say Hemi on the plate .

Wow, REALLY?  Okay then.

We're getting different answers on the wheels, but I think I'd just like the Rallyes on the Charger better anyway.  Did Hemi 'Cudas come with the Magnum road wheels?

Based on the F&F version, I'd near-as-guarantee you they'll be separate. They'd have had to tool new side inserts for the body mold to integrate the scoops.

And yup, you're articulating just what I've noticed.  I'm betting there would have been big black HEMI splashes on the hood too.

Revell told me today that they are separate.