Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sad Sad Sad News: Our Harry Passed Away

Harry was the reason I joined this forum: I saw his writeup of the Christie Fire Engine and I joined to ask him some questions about it.

We have lost a great modeler and a super-nice guy. I never met him in person but I always enjoyed reading his posts here.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Edited by peteski

That one was a real hit. 

Evan tough one rationally tries to be prepared for it, when it actually happens it's always very hard.

Only met Harry by messages, and e-mails, but I always felt he was a friend. Here I am in South America, with tears on my eyes over a guy I never met in person, and somehow this fact seems to be very small compared with what not only me, but we all lost. 

I will never, ever build another kit without remembering of Harry at least once.  

The last comment he made on a build I did was saying it was perfect. Oh harry, thank you very much. 

Well said Tulio.

I am shocked. I lost my beloved wife last year and prayed for Harry as i read about his health...every day i looked in our Forum and wished to read good News about him... RIP Harry

So many appropriate and touching comments.

I've read many of his posts in going through lots of old threads here. He was very knowledgeable when it came to this hobby. No doubt he'll be missed throughout the field.

I had the idea the other day to send him my copy of his book for him to sign for me hoping maybe it might cheer him up. The next day I saw the news that he had been moved to hospice. A real heartbreak.

I hope his next stop is one of comfort and beauty. 

Very sorry to hear of Harry's passing :(
The hobby has definitely lost a powerful force. It will be hard for me to build anything without thinking of his comments here. I was not even aware until recently that he was an artist in his own right,not just a builder of excellent scale models. I hope the community he contributed so much time and effort to remains strong. My condolences to his family. Rest in peace, Harry.

It is never easy reading the passing of a fellow modeler, and fellow human being. Sad sad sad news it is. Like most I knew of him, had a conversation with him several times over forum issues, but never really got any farther than that. Thoughts prayers and condolences to his family and friends in this sad time in their life. God be with him now.

Wow..........I'm not sure what to say as I'm still trying to absorb all of this. :(

I'm glad I got to know Harry over the years, even if it was just through the spoken word online or phone. I'm also glad that he was able to finish the 1/8 Pocher Mercedes 500 K/AK roadster that I sold to him years ago. I knew that it would go to a good home, and indeed he did a fantastic job on it for all that saw it posted here. 

I had high hopes that he'd pull through, but when I read that he was resigned to going into Hospice, I knew it would be just a matter of time, as I still have very vivid memories four years later of my Dad being in a similar situation. Harry's no longer suffering-----we can take comfort in that. I can also appreciate his back and forth letters to me when I was struggling with my eyesight months ago. What he told me meant a lot, and I'll always appreciate it. 

Still, it hurts to realize that we'll never see him posting here again, and it's painful just the same to read past posts that he started knowing that at the time he was alive and well. Of course, every time I build a model and I get to where it's time to attach those mirrors, I won't be able to help but think of Harry. ;)

I truly feel for his family-------Life can be cruel at times, and we just never know how or when unfortunate circumstances can hit us.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of his family and his close friends. 

Well said Tulio.

I am shocked. I lost my beloved wife last year and prayed for Harry as i read about his health...every day i looked in our Forum and wished to read good News about him... RIP Harry

I'm very sorry about your wife Dominik. Hope you are feeling better now. Time heals it all, as they say, but the feelings, they stay.