Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sad Sad Sad News: Our Harry Passed Away

Loosing Harry is a great loss for us and the hobby , but in the end we'll all meet him again. I'll pray for his family , I know first hand how loosing a father feels . He's in a better place now with no pain or worries , rest in peace Harry . We'll miss you .

Sad day indeed, rest in peqce Harry. You will be missed by all the modelling community, we will miss your comments and skills in building museum quality replicas of subjects a lot of us would br intimidated to tackle. Personally I have enjoyed each build Harry has posted and will miss that aspect.

God speed Harry,

Condloences to all his family and friends,

Misha

I didn't know Harry personally but did a small decal project for him a while back.  So to have been part of his life in a small way makes it special.  It's always sad when someone you know close up or from far away is suddenly taken.  We can all take comfort, however, in knowing that God answers prayer sometimes in ways that we do not understand.  His ways are not our ways and we only see those things "through a glass darkly".  In all things pray without ceasing regardless of  the outcome.

RIP.

Colon cancer is dreadful. Harry was on same chemo as my wife was. Side effects were killing him faster than the cancer last I checked on the curmudgeon. 

Colon cancer kills 70% of victims in first year. 5 year survival is 8%.

Please get checked. 

I feared I would read this one day. I am shocked and sad. Seemed to happened very quick. Like most of you I never met him but enjoyed his comments on my lack of mirrors on a lot of my models. I wish I would have known him better. He will be missed and the forum will not be the same. RIP Harry.

Rest in peace, defender of rearview mirrors and alternator brackets.

I don't think I will ever again put a mirror on a model car--or, for that matter, NOT put one on--and NOT think of Harry. B)

Harry, you left a mark. Which means you did good. See you on the other side, Brother. B)

I share everyone's sentiments already expressed.  The other day I was browsing some of Harry's earlier threads on his builds when I stumbled across his WW1 Albatross plane. The man could build ANYTHING it seems.  If you've never seen it, you should check that out.  Maybe the best way to remember & honor Harry would b a "pinned" place on the forum dedicated just to Harry and his various builds that he posted in their entirety.   A simple but lasting tribute to him perhaps?   My sympathies to his family.