Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Cobra What the ?????

cobraman

OK , as most of you know I like Cobra's . I do have a collection but I am always trying to build one different than the normal red or blue ,etc . I have built a few that are not the norm . I came up with this idea so I went ahead with it . Remember I did not say it was a good idea . In fact to be honest I think I had a moment of stupidity . I decided since we are all friends here I would post it anyway . Look at your own risk ! You have been warned ! Just for fun . 

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

• Like 1

Strange But True . . . One of our customers showed up at our shop with a Cobra on his trailer with a VW engine in it , unfortunately whomever built it also butchered the body so bad it barely looked like a Cobra anymore !

Yours looks like a Cobra so I'm okay with it . One thumb-up for the effort !:D

LOL!!!! Looks like a sewing machine and a Cobra had a kid. 

It's for sure unique. 

Installing VW air cooled engines on 1:1 replica cars or even original "sports cars" was a trend here in Brasil from the late '60s well into the '80s. 

Google some of those cars, and you will have fun.

MP Lafer

Lorena GT

Puma GT

Bianco S

Bianco Tarpan

Thunder Phor

and many others made in smaller numbers.

Thanks guys. Eric, if it made you smile that's great. I am always trying to think of different ways to build a Cobra for my collection, silly or not. How many ways can I build a Cobra ??? :D

I always thought a Cobra bike would look nice. Cut the fenders from the body following a line right in the middle of the headlight, do the same on the other side of the car, and make a bike to fit under it. The biker would sit on top of what used to be the doors.