Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobbico - BANKRUPT!

17 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Emailed to me within the last hour:

Important Notice Regarding the Sale of Your Personal Information and Your Right to Opt-out
Dear Valued Customer:

As you may be aware, OmniModels' parent company, Hobbico, declared bankruptcy in January 2018 and has initiated a sale process.

We are excited to share with you that the RC brands and OmniModels website that you have come to rely on over the years will continue. The Bankruptcy Court has approved the sale of Hobbico's RC business to Horizon Hobby, LLC. Horizon Hobby has been in business since 1985 and serves customers in the United States and around the World. Horizon Hobby also maintains a strong online presence and warmly welcomes Hobbico customers to its growing family. With this acquisition, Horizon Hobby looks to build upon Hobbico's great reputation for providing quality RC products to customers across the country. More information about Horizon Hobby can be found at https://www.HorizonHobby.com.

As part of the sale, Horizon Hobby is purchasing OmniModels' customer databases. The OmniModels Privacy Policy provides that the company will not share any personally identifiable information with any third party without your consent. Under this Privacy Policy, you have the right to opt-out of the sale and the transfer of your personal information to Horizon Hobby, and of receiving future e-mail or mail communications from Horizon Hobby.

1. You may elect to opt out by any of the following methods:
  2. Clicking the link at the bottom of this email message;
  3. Sending an e-mail to OmniModels' web master at omni@omnimodels.comwith the information necessary for Hobbico to identify you in its database and process your opt-out election (such as your name, email address, street address and telephone number);
  4. Calling the Customer Service at 800-342-6464 or;
  5. Mailing to the following address:

OmniModels
1608 Interstate Drive, Champaign, IL (USA) 61822

Please include in your letter the information necessary for Horizon Hobby to identify you in its database and process your opt-out election (such as your name, email address, street address and telephone number). Please note that opting out will remove your proof of purchase data required for warranty service.

If you opted in to receive promotional emails from OmniModels, you may also receive promotional emails from Horizon Hobby unless you opt out of having your information conveyed to Horizon Hobby.

Your request to opt out must be received no later than April 6, 2018.

After the opt-out deadline, Horizon Hobby has offered to conduct a sweepstakes for OmniModels customers who decline to opt-out as a thank you for your interest. We thank you for your past patronage and hope you will always continue to enjoy the RC hobby.

Sincerely,
OmniModels

I only got this email today. Not much notice to opt out.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, niteowl7710 said:

There was a docket entry today indicating there will be a hearing on the sale of the Global Revell Lot, Revell Germany Lot, and any other partial/remnant pieces on April 10th.

A docket entry on Friday (April 6) reaffirmed the Revell and Revell of Germany Auctions hearing on April 10th at 10am.....TIM 

I got the Tower Hobbies email last night at 10:30. Saw it this morning so too late to do anything if I wanted to but I don't plan on it anyway. Tower Hobbies has been my main source of models and supplies for years. I've noticed the main page hasn't been updated for months and they've been out of stock on Tamiya paints for months also. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

15 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Got the email from Tower about Horizon just before midnight.  

Me too, and considering I was asleep and didn't see the email until this morning, I guess I will get "spammed" by virtue of my information being transferred.

1 minute ago, mikemodeler said:

Me too, and considering I was asleep and didn't see the email until this morning, I guess I will get "spammed" by virtue of my information being transferred.

I'll probably order from them again, been a Tower customer for at least 5 years..

6 minutes ago, ranma said:

Has anyone else noticed that Revell's web site did not list any April model releases.

They probably have more pressing business to take care of right now.   Plus the two car kits they list for March aren't out yet...

Edited by Rob Hall

The "1994" Impala SS is out, it came in during the first week of April. The '53 Belair said Early May last time I looked,  so it's probably the "official" kit for April now. Once things hopefully get sorted on Tuesday some clarity can be gained. 

Walked into a meeting on Saturday night and the first thing out of one guy's mouth? "Well that's it. Revell's done."  Ummm no it isn't the decision won't be made until the 10th. "No, no one bid on them. They're done for." Oh for blah, blah blah's sake! We won't know until the 10th!!!! Then the decision will be rendered. And on and on. Look forward to the resolution on the 10th.

6 hours ago, peter31a said:

Walked into a meeting on Saturday night and the first thing out of one guy's mouth? "Well that's it. Revell's done."  Ummm no it isn't the decision won't be made until the 10th. "No, no one bid on them. They're done for." Oh for blah, blah blah's sake! We won't know until the 10th!!!! Then the decision will be rendered. And on and on. Look forward to the resolution on the 10th.

That person doenst know what he is talking about, so there is that :lol:

On 4/9/2018 at 8:36 AM, peter31a said:

How can we kill this hobby if the companies WON'T DIE?!?!?!? Told ya this sorta thing was gonna take place...

The "Revell is gone" attitude is being played very well by people who have some Revell models they want to sell!   They sure are going up in price quickly.  I am actually clearing out most of my collection ,  stash  ...  hoard of models right now, and I was caught by surprise by some of the fast bids on selected kits.  I think some of the buyers are turning right around and listing them on the bay at high buy it now prices.