Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 GMC Sierra ( UGLY Truck)

1 hour ago, SfanGoch said:

Might as well buy a surplus M-RAP. No chrome here, man. And, it looks like a truck.

image.jpeg.2ad48edf3d9c1bbc5f0ef8e22f1c90d0.jpeg

At least you know this will be able to handle the rugged wilderness without ruining the leather upholstery or the warranty.

But just try getting replacement tires for this beast!

16 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Kinda hard to judge a vehicle based on it being in the market for just as couple of months, isn't it? 

Aren't all three domestic making some kind of reliability claim these days, depending on which poll taker they use?

Not really. We've had these trucks in our fleet for about 3 months now. We have clients who already have over 20,000km on their 3 month old trucks. A brand new, clean sheet design, doing around 7000km per month, and not one issue or complaint? I think that says a lot. Especially when considering that I've had two Fords over the past three years, and each had warranty issues in less than 3000km; two of which involved getting towed. 

Features. Can't really argue about that. If somone wants a loaded truck with things not seen on any other, Ram leads the way right now. At least until the new GM gets here, then it will get interesting. 

And you're right. All three brands say the exact same thing. They all have the best fuel economy, the most power, the best towing, the longest life, the most vehicles on the road after 10 years, etc, etc. I base my comments on my own experience. My company has a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, the bulk of which are doeemstic trucks. I see exactly what we pay for maintenance and fuel, and I know exactly how many issues we have with warranty. I can see exactly what these things will carry and tow in the real world, not in a manufacturer's test. And I see how these things stand up over time.

:)

16 hours ago, Chuck Most said:

Think it looks bad now? Most of them will end up fitted with plastic flares (with fake fasteners), clown-car tires and wheels (with fake bead locks), and a 50,000 watt LED light bar across the grille. 

No kidding.  I already have clients asking about lift kits and flares, and their trucks are still on order, not arriving until late this year. So many bro-dozers around here. No accounting for taste, that's for sure.

13 hours ago, Spex84 said:

I think people are picking up on the similarity of the front-end 'graphic', which is the most distilled, core expression (in light and dark tones) of the truck's "face". In this case, It could be called "Bars n' Brackets": a set of stacked horizontal slabs or grille-width rectangles in between brackets [ =====  ] created by the headlights and LED strips. In the case of the earlier Ford trucks, the brackets were literally in the grille as part of the chrome trim. 

In this image I slapped together, there are GMC and Ford designs, and my satirical take on the design language for all these trucks. Spot which is which!

The 2019 Chevy Silverado, well...at least it doesn't look like the others (yikes though).

TruckGraphic_Aug30_small-vi.jpg

I'll give you this one. 

When distilled down as in your image, there's a resemblence. However, when you see them parked side by side, and can see how the curves and edges and shapes interact, the similarities disappear.

:)

17 hours ago, Spex84 said:

TruckGraphic_Aug30_small-vi.jpg

I still can't identify which is which - they all look like a vacuum cleaner to me.

I'm currently daily driving my 90 Silverado 1500 that my dad bought brand new. He paid 14k cash for it.

I still runs like a new baby puppy and never gives me any major troubles. 160k miles, original unopened 5.7, original trans - still shifts great. A/C converted to R134 blows ice cold. Never leaves me stranded. Still EASILY passes smog test. Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Let's see how many of these computer laden, techno haulers pass that test in 30 years!

On 8/30/2018 at 8:27 AM, mikemodeler said:

Sadly I don't find many of the current trucks that attractive, luckily I am not in the market for one!

Exactly how I feel.The trucks today just simply have the ugliest front ends.The headlights,and the grills are too weird looking for my taste.All have fake plastic chrome....Blaaaaa   

At least that new gmc looks better than the current iquana... seems like they alternate ugly between gmc and chev with the '07 restyle lost by chev with those chrome pontoons pasted on the front.  <_<

mike  

Edited by mk11

On 8/30/2018 at 12:58 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Wait, did I just post two pics of the same truck? Sorry, I don't see a resemblance here at all.

:P I do not work for any one manufacturer. If someone wants to lease something from me, then I get it for them. I have my favourites, but no one makes a bad vehicle these days. 

My  misunderstanding Dan, I was under the impression you worked for a FCA dealership.

FYI, we have 15 Ram in the family and I do think its a nice truck and I enjoy driving it.

15 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

No kidding.  I already have clients asking about lift kits and flares, and their trucks are still on order, not arriving until late this year. So many bro-dozers around here. No accounting for taste, that's for sure.

I was trying to refrain from using the hyphenated B-word. :)

21 hours ago, randyc said:

I didn't realize how much I missed the old days tilt he local chevy dealer got in a "big 10" in two tone white/blue.   YEah baby.  IF I were looking for a truck this would be it.   See https://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/retro-big-10-chevy-option-offered-on-2018-silverado/

If they only had the styling to go with it.