Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Model & The Ex-Monogram/Revell/Aurora/Renwal Molds

On 9/17/2018 at 10:44 AM, Dave Van said:

Those Robotech kits were molded by a Japanese company and packaged by Revell....so doubt it...

Thanks, Dave.

Atlantis just added this to their facebook page, but no mention of the actual mold:

"Going through the Archive came across this Hmmmmmmm!"

41964625_1949456261801231_60981917917590

1 hour ago, Dave Van said:

Wonder if they have the mold  for that????

My gut tells me much of the fringe Tom Daniel stuff (1/12 Mean Maverick and Super Digger, Ghost of the Red Baron, Unreal Roller, etc) was scrapped in '80 or so when Monogram was in trouble, but IF Atlantis has the mold and is able and willing to produce the GotRB kit again, I think it would be worth a run of 2,500 kits. I could see T.D. fans gobbling them up at $30-$40 each or so.

20 hours ago, Casey said:

Thanks, Dave.

Atlantis just added this to their facebook page, but no mention of the actual mold:

"Going through the Archive came across this Hmmmmmmm!"

41964625_1949456261801231_60981917917590

Ghost of the Red Baron has been high on my want list for over 40 years now. I hope it comes back to haunt my collection soon. 

Edited by unclescott58

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Just seeing that seat and interior parts pack has me dreaming of a miraculous reappearance of some of those great old kits, like the Fiat...Image result for revell fiat parts pack

Oh my yes! Put me down for at least 6. 

I just spent a few minutes on their site. They have some cool and interesting stuff, and looks like more to come! 

On 9/19/2018 at 1:52 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

Bucky, the pictures you posted of the Renwall Revivals box art have disappeared since I looked at them yesterday

I just checked that post, and the pics are there. I don't know what may have happened.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:08 AM, Casey said:

Now it's been mentioned: http://tomdaniel.com/TD_sez/td_message.html

ATLANTIS HOBBY NEWS:

As mentioned previously, ATLANTIS has purchased the tooling for some of the true CLASSIC'TD' kits that have NOT been produced in many, many years. I just received 1st test shots for - Are you Ready???

The Ghost of the Red Baron!

I am told they want this kit available THIS YEAR! And the Ghost kit to be followed with the LONG overdue SNAP-TITE kit "Li'l Red Baron"! WOW!

Edited by Casey

17 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

So Monogram just tuck them molds away in a dark corner of the warehouse ? this is Awesome News !

Who knows, but this is a good example of why people hope and wish a certain mold still exists, even if it seems unrealistic to do so. Agreed, though, this announcement is great news and will make a lot of people very happy.

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Who knows, but this is a good example of why people hope and wish a certain mold still exists, even if it seems unrealistic to do so. Agreed, though, this announcement is great news and will make a lot of people very happy.

I'm one of them ............... now if they only have the 1/12 Mean Maverick  ?

1 minute ago, Mr mopar said:

I'm one of them ............... now if they only have the 1/12 Mean Maverick  ?

Keep your fingers crossed. :D

The Ghost of the Red Baron kit doesn't exactly have a high parts count, and I do wonder if Atlantic has permission/licensing to use the vintage Monogram logo for this reissue, too? I guess we'll find out in a few months.

GOTRB.jpg.51f293ef81cc3078754941654d1256d8.jpg

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Keep your fingers crossed. :D

The Ghost of the Red Baron kit doesn't exactly have a high parts count, and I do wonder if Atlantic has permission/licensing to use the vintage Monogram logo for this reissue, too? I guess we'll find out in a few months.

GOTRB.jpg.51f293ef81cc3078754941654d1256d8.jpg

Just can't wait yahoo !