Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

28 minutes ago, 1959scudetto said:

Received another Jouef 1/24 Ferrari 330 P 4 today (German ebay seller noted color imperfections, but I can't find any...)

P1080527.JPG

Very nice. What scale is it?

Oh, read first😄

Edited by Mittagskind

I call this my Ferrari F40 barn find.Are you kidding me?Picked this gem up at a new vintage toy store.The owner said he bought it from some guy who he assumes never dusted his diecast collection. 🤮And no I didn’t handle it.It will be washed in hot water and cleaned with an air gun,then placed on my shelf with my other 5 F40s.I Love these cars..Has to be my all time favorite Exotic,not just a Ferrari,but exotic.I saw one at a car show once awhile ago.It was a bit tight,being 6’2”.The car had no miles on it.Maybe about 13K.The guy said he did race the car around some track,can’t recall.Anyway,that dust is nasty.

IMG_9238.jpeg

IMG_9235.jpeg

IMG_9234.jpeg

IMG_9231.jpeg

IMG_9230.jpeg

IMG_9229.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD

3 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

I call this my Ferrari F40 barn find.Are you kidding me?Picked this gem up at a new vintage toy store.The owner said he bought it from some guy who he assumes never dusted his diecast collection. 🤮And no I didn’t handle it.It will be washed in hot water and cleaned with an air gun,then placed on my shelf with my other 5 F40s.I Love these cars..Has to be my all time favorite Exotic,not just a Ferrari,but exotic.I saw one at an exotic car show once awhile ago.It was a bit tight,being 6’2”,I wasn’t too comfortable.The car had no miles on it.Maybe about 13K.The guy said he did race the car around some track,can’t recall.So anyone wanna lend me some cash.$$I think the Palm tree was a nice touch..But seriously,that dust is nasty.

IMG_9238.jpeg

IMG_9235.jpeg

IMG_9234.jpeg

IMG_9231.jpeg

IMG_9230.jpeg

IMG_9229.jpeg

Looks like it's changing its fur.😜

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, caapa said:

"freedom" of a toy designer

Actually it's the Corvette from the 2023 Barbie movie. The car used in the movie was an EV Corvette. Hot wheels issued it in pink, and it looks like turquoise as well. Note the door behind the front wheel  and above Chevrolet script......

On 2/11/2024 at 1:28 AM, ranma said:

Actually it's the Corvette from the 2023 Barbie movie. The car used in the movie was an EV Corvette. Hot wheels issued it in pink, and it looks like turquoise as well. Note the door behind the front wheel  and above Chevrolet script......

Hi Rick,

thank you for the information. So it is the movie makers joke.

I got from an Ebay seller a Ferrari F40 with 4 seats and no place for the engine (no name on base, Made in China only) as a gift aside the ordered one. He said it isn`t an error it`s OK. I tought it happened at HW something similar.

Ah the barn find F40 has been restored.😉..Along with another F40 I had.Even found a couple of F40 kits,including this huge 1/12 scale kit..However I don’t really see myself building that one anytime soon.

IMG_9510.jpeg

IMG_9505.jpeg

IMG_9506.jpeg

IMG_9503.jpeg

IMG_9468.jpeg

IMG_9465.jpeg

IMG_9463.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

1/43 Matrix Models 1930 Cord L29 Brooks Stevens custom speedster    https://www.conceptcarz.com/profile/6411,7428/1930-cord-l-29.aspx

I usually don't have much interest in anything smaller than 1/25, but this little guy is such a good looking car, and such a nice, well-scaled model, I bought it as a desk/reference piece. It's slated to get a nice glass case.

image.png.bb24d53fdde9e0cde3339ca574bf2467.png

The real car was purchased almost new by to-be noted industrial designer Stevens, who customized it extensively and apparently ran it in motorsports events during his 65 year ownership. After his death, it underwent a lengthy restoration, and won Best of Show at Amelia Island in 2015.

image.png.15a15dee08b0b0477721fb7cda58e57b.png

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Engine detail is  very poor.   Non steerable front wheels.  Other than that, it is a very nice model for the price range.  The paint job is excellent and parts fitment very good.  I changed the tires on this one and painted the interior gray.   It is in backorder till May or June.  You may find a few on Ebay for double the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305483148460

IMG_0211.jpg

Edited by angelo7
  • Like 1