Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

2 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Now that is a good looking Mercury Club Coupe.  Might just have to put that on my watch list.

You want it ?  PM your address and I will send it to you no strings attached ! Might be a couple weeks till I get to the PO .  You helped me more than once .  

24 minutes ago, cobraman said:

You want it ?  PM your address and I will send it to you no strings attached ! Might be a couple weeks till I get to the PO .  You helped me more than once .  

It is a deal Ray and thank you very much.  PM sent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Just in from the postman (via ebay France) - 1955 Chevy 3100 PU from Hachette (1/24, Mexican series) - a plain, no fancy working truck.

Oh yes.  I like this a lot.  But I already have the Welly dark blue version.

Wait a minute, the Welly is a 1953.

Edited by Gramps46

Had to order the new AMT '65 GTO from DMW, and as I did so, noticed they were now offering the nice Maisto '65 El Camino in red, so ordered one. Got it today. It is absolutely gorgeous! Will probably be my next Snake-Fu project. I already did a blue one so I know it's a pretty quick and easy job. Just have to decide if I want to replace the stock tires and wheel covers with something cooler--it would be worth the extra effort if I do. 

• 1 month later...

1/24 Motormax VW doublecab pickup. Though there's a glaring error with the bed being made separate from the cab structure, and the side-window offsets are horrendous, the scaling and proportions are spot-on, and match the 1/24 Hasagawa kits almost exactly.

The errors are fixable for someone so inclined...which I'll do sometime before 2035, maybe.

I had a real one as my daily for many years, and letting it go was one of the stupidest things I've ever done.

Anyway, after I got the first Motormax version in my clammy old hands, I liked it so much I bought two more.

Motormax 79343R 1/24 Scale Volkswagen Type 2 T1 Pickup - Picture 1 of 1

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Bburago 1/24 Ferrari Monza SP1. Beautiful model, especially considering the price.

There are two versions of this, the one most commonly available in the US does NOT have the opening hood and deck, so pay attention if you want one.

Picture 1 of 6

Picture 3 of 6

Did not know that.  Mine do not open darn it.