Model Cars Magazine Forum

R2 April 2019

Sledsel

Gotta love love how people rush in to let us all know how bored they are.

The one thing that leapt out at me is the Johnny Lightning Cobra Coupe.

Now, people have said that the problem with getting a reasonably priced i.e. under three figures Cobra Coupe  kit, has been licensing issues, and I've accepted that, but here's Round 2 running off a bunch of little diecast coupes, and I'm guessing they figure they can turn a profit.   So we have companies like Model Factory Hiro selling their gold plated multimedia kits, and Round 2 selling their cheap little diecasts, and you tell me that nobody can turn a profit selling a kit that falls in between these two extremes?  Call me just a wee bit skeptical.

1 hour ago, Richard Bartrop said:

The one thing that leapt out at me is the Johnny Lightning Cobra Coupe.

It's pretty cool, but if it wants to come live at my house, it needs to grow up to 1/25 scale. If it overshoots and lands on 1/24, that's acceptable too. 

That '77 Firebird is just lame. Sad that there are no optional parts. Not even an extra set of wheels.........

Three Colour Decals!  Be Still My Heart!

I'm glad the Willys is back out. Pitch the decal sheet and you still have a Great Gasser kit. I like the Red Line Slicks too. The Trailer Doubles will be a hit with Truck Guys, so that is a Home Run there. That new Lift looks nice too. I just wish all three of those Garage Series kits, would make to either my LHS or Hobby Lobby. Afraid though, Imma have to break down and mail order them. Good Month, though.

I'll get another of the Trans Am to do a Rockford conversion. I really hope they will decide to do an Esprit or Formula version someday. They had those parts in the kit back around 1974 or so. Maybe the molds are still around. Speaking of that, how about backdating it to the 1976 version just for variety?

6 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

No kidding!

There's 12 minutes of my life that I'll never get back! :rolleyes:

Steve

I wish they would show regular photos of the releases instead of these videos. :huh:
One quick glance and you will instantly see if there is anything of interest instead of wasting several minutes on a video showing mostly uninteresting stuff.

Edited by Force

What gave the guy the idea that the electric style hoist is hydraulic?

They should have included the Willys coupe body in the kit like they did years ago and re -engineered the kit so the tilt nose would line up with the body without major work.

7 hours ago, Force said:

I wish they would show regular photos of the releases instead of these videos. :huh:
One quick glance and you will instantly see if there is anything of interest instead of wasting several minutes on a video showing mostly uninteresting stuff.

X2. 

8 hours ago, Force said:

I just move the bar at the bottom until I see something interesting, and then let it play. Rarely do I have more than 1-2 minutes invested in watching these things. 

The Willys Gasser will be nice to have again. Not as good as the Revell offerings but there're many of years apart when it comes to the time they were developed. The Lift looks interesting to me. I have to wonder just how many COPO Chevelle's were ordered with a vinyl roof ?