Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1953 Chevy BelAir

randyc

Several of you have been following this one.  Here it is outside, finished.  I left the license plate off because I just like it that way.  No major mods, really. Just tried to build as cleanly as possible.  Used the lowered rear suspension setup and the stock front to give it a bit of 50s custom taildragger.  

IMG_20190706_104525630.jpg

IMG_20190706_104517603.jpg

IMG_20190706_104345806.jpg

IMG_20190706_104358401.jpg

IMG_20190706_103150473.jpg

I've always wanted to build  '53 but for some reason always had doubts about the Monogram kit . . . boy did you change my mind !  Beautifully done !  A little extra attention to the body really paid off . :)

23 minutes ago, TooOld said:

I've always wanted to build  '53 but for some reason always had doubts about the Monogram kit . . . boy did you change my mind !  Beautifully done !  A little extra attention to the body really paid off . :)

I sorta had the same feeling back when it was the red car on the box.  I did use the engine for a street stock racer project.   But I really wanted one of this generation of Chevy.  The Mint cars are a little too high.  And this one is built how is build it in my driveway possibly.  

This kit can be cleaned up into a satisfactory replica.  I like this as good as a die cast any day.  See photo.  They go together just fine.  And the 53 is my choices for color and options.  

This kit is worth a look if this is your genre. 

IMG_20190706_123734199.jpg

1 hour ago, Gramps46 said:

Looks really good Randy and so fast, impressive.

Was it really that fast?  Didn't feel that way, but I guess it was kinda quick, compared to some of the others I've been on lately.  I do work several at a time like many do, so they are all overlapping.  And I'm about as happy with the build as any I've done lately.