Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Road Runner

roadhawg

Monogram 1970 Road Runner. Like on my Superbird I posted earlier, I tried to fix the engine bay by removing the radiator overflow tank and that goofy hump behind the windshield washer tank. Also added the requisite purple horn that a Road Runner MUST have, lol. I used the bucket seat interior from the Superbird kit. Wheels and tires are from Fireball Modelworks, decals are from Speedway Decals. Thanks for looking! 

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

I like this car A LOT. I’m currently working on one myself. 

Nice detail on the chassis with the correct gold color on the front control arms. 

I have one question... how did the decals lay over the vents by the windshield? Did you use solution? Or did you just paint that area? Hard to tell from the pics. 

I have Speedway, and the kit supplied decals. Wondering what to do about that vent. 

Also are those BFG tires, or did you use decals? 

Sorry for all the questions. 

Edited by Brutalform

9 hours ago, Brutalform said:

I like this car A LOT. I’m currently working on one myself. 

Nice detail on the chassis with the correct gold color on the front control arms. 

I have one question... how did the decals lay over the vents by the windshield? Did you use solution? Or did you just paint that area? Hard to tell from the pics. 

I have Speedway, and the kit supplied decals. Wondering what to do about that vent. 

Also are those BFG tires, or did you use decals? 

Sorry for all the questions. 

Just used lots of Solvaset on the decals. Looking at it closer, I probably should go back and add a black wash to the vents.

On the tires, those are Fireball's BFG big and little set, and they have raised letters. I've reached the age, however, where I can't detail paint that well anymore, so I used decals over the raised lettering.  I love the look of Fireball's tires, but I'm not really crazy about whatever they're made out of....to me, they're too soft, practically impossible to sand those raised letters off. It looks ok from a distance, but up close it's definitely not perfect. It is what it is though, maybe next set I'll try to paint.