Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Ford Mustang GT

bogger44

Man, it's been some time since I completed a build, but I finally accomplished that feat again yesterday.  A pretty fun kit that went together well.  I added some wiring under the hood, raised the rear up a little so she wasn't a taildragger, and added parts box Goodyears & Cragars.  Paint is Tamiya TS-11 Maroon.  I kinda freaked out when looking at the pictures I took, noticing some slop along a few areas of panel blackwash. I was like wow are my eyes getting that bad?!  Now for the record I did have a harder time than normal while adding that detail.  First off, my little jar of blackwash had gone to pot, so I decided to use some black acrylic instead.  Then, my usual brush for this process must have grown legs sometime and walked off as I could not find it, so I made do with a larger one that didn't work as well and took a bit more cleanup along the lines.  Anyhow, I checked out the areas, even with a magnifying glass, and found that while yes there is a little paint still splashed over the panel edges it's no where near as noticeable as what the pictures make it out to be.  That being said, I'll probably still try to clean those areas up a little better.  Thanks for any comments or questions, on to the pictures.

2v2E8jLENxAKN8F.jpg

2v2E8jWNUxAKN8F.jpg

2v2E8jyU8xAKN8F.jpg

2v2E8jnyuxAKN8F.jpg

2v2E8jFszxAKN8F.jpg

2v2E8j5tyxAKN8F.jpg

2v2E8jNCdxAKN8F.jpg

2v2E8j85MxAKN8F.jpg

2v2E8jGM2xAKN8F.jpg

2v2E8j8SvxAKN8F.jpg

Very nice stang and amazing paint. ?  I wish AMT had figured out another way for the rear panel to attach to the rear quarters.  A little better engineering would result in not having the large seam under the end caps.  I went back to look at my builds and it must have annoyed me so much that I "fixed" the gap.

IMG_6036.JPG

Edited by vamach1

23 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Very nice stang and amazing paint. ?  I wish AMT had figured out another way for the rear panel to attach to the rear quarters.  A little better engineering would result in not having the large seam under the end caps.  I went back to look at my builds and it must have annoyed me so much that I "fixed" the gap.

IMG_6036.JPG

Nice work on those end caps, Rex.  I agree the fitment isn't the best.

11 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking Mustang. The paint finish looks great and the detailing of the engine and chassis really look good also. I'm also a fan of the Tamiya TS-11 color.

It is a great color.  This is the first time I've used it, but it certainly won't be the last.

Thank you guys for the comments.  I forgot to mention a couple other things about the build.  First off, I really didn't care about having the opening trunk so I glued it shut.  Also, this build marked the first time I used a Molotow chrome marker for the trimwork and have to say I really like the results.