Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Dodge D100 Pickup Pro Street

On 3/7/2022 at 3:30 PM, mustang1989 said:

Good LORD man!!

Thank you Captain !!!

On 3/7/2022 at 3:51 PM, Codi said:

Boy do I like that pic of the cab on it.......this thing is STELLAR!   Oh, and all the little bits and pieces ain't bad either......  😏      cheers,tim

Thanks Tim, the picture is not my best but it gives an idea of where I am on the construction of this long project... 😉

Hello everyone,

I've made a lot of progress under the hood and done what I think are the last few pieces of detailing... I hope because the space is shrinking... 😁

While sorting out my pictures, I realized that I had forgotten to show you a picture where I installed the oil dip stick, you can see more clearly the engine side and the headers permanently installed (with all the bolts).  I think I'm starting to have too many pictures in this directory... 🙄

I'll be back soon with pictures of the engine compartment, I still have to make the bracket for the throttle cable and finalize everything (under the hood of course...).

See you soon,

Francis

Oil dip stick.670_Oil_Siick_1.jpg.58f23f2b037a8c37d18217031e8ffbc3.jpg

A second one.671_Oil_Siick_2.jpg.b0651c400a3d506160e8f2c30d3ab86f.jpg

Installed on the motor, I added a small photo etched retainer as you can see on the headers flange.  You can also see the starter bolted on the bell housing.672_Oil_Siick_3.jpg.07f1d7232c771feadaaac48cf19fcc09.jpgVoltage regulator on the rotary table.667_Voltage_Regulator_1.jpg.37a21376fb728a924258aeed1b5aff0d.jpg

Final part.669_Voltage_Regulator_3.jpg.ebf9f4d1c9e405e7c0d880e430008a77.jpg

Ignition resistor made from styrene.679_Resistance_1.jpg.dc564922de8d50a00fc2623dbde3ddec.jpg

Another one.680_Resistance_2.jpg.38f9aeeead2f8600d27eb273e07e0f7c.jpg

Fuel line splitter (I don't know the real name) on the rotary table.681_Fuel_Split_Progress_1.jpg.463f542a70f2b3f506e7357539ef1815.jpg

Final part, will lead the gas line from the cool can to the carburetor.682_Fuel_Split_Progress_2.jpg.e82787802b37b522e8fe4a51bb89ec5d.jpg

One last one with his good friend.683_Fuel_Split_Final.jpg.699ce9d4e89c7da579bf238cb7dfc1c6.jpg

668_Voltage_Regulator_2.jpg

• Like 1

I honestly don't have words for what you have accomplished here, the photo of the engine brings into focus the magnitude of not only the quality of the individual parts but how well every single piece fits with the others to make the whole.  This should be impossible to accomplish in this scale, your precision is rivaling that of people who produce wrist watches. 

Francis, all I can say is WOW!!! I didn’t realize that I had missed so much of your progress. The colors look Amazing!! Oil pressure and temperature sending units, WOW!! The starter relay is spot on!! This would be Amazing in large scale, but what you are doing in 1/25th scale is beyond incredible!! It looks so lifelike! You haven’t missed a detail!! Top notch work all the way! 

On 3/9/2022 at 11:46 AM, Mike Williams said:

Smiling now Francis!

Guys, let us realize, Francis is fabricating utterly exact parts in different materials.  Metals, aluminum and brass,  and styrene-types of materials.  Sensational what is going on here!  Such a great incentive.  We all know that we can do better.

We all know as well, we do not have to do this.  This is a very special style of modeling in our world, very few know about this.

I cannot do this, we all build differently.  The love and utter dedication is truly a sight to behold, and a very special incentive for me.

Thank you for the opportunity to view amazing modeling!

Mike..

Thanks again for your kind words and appreciation of my efforts, Mike!

This is what this hobby means to me and I am truly proud and humbled if I can inspire modelers of your caliber.  It is sometimes very amazing what you can accomplish when you are inspired by a particular subject that interests you to the highest degree.  I'm not done yet but I still think there is room for improvement, I've learned a lot since the beginning of this project thanks to everything I see on this forum.  It is often said that the grass is always greener on the neighbor's side but sometimes you have to appreciate what is in your yard!

Thank you for keeping me fully motivated my friend, your work inspires many and I count myself among them!

Francis

On 3/10/2022 at 9:11 AM, Ian McLaren said:

I honestly don't have words for what you have accomplished here, the photo of the engine brings into focus the magnitude of not only the quality of the individual parts but how well every single piece fits with the others to make the whole.  This should be impossible to accomplish in this scale, your precision is rivaling that of people who produce wrist watches. 

Thanks Ian !

Nothing is perfect but overall, I am quite satisfied with the work done knowing that it is always possible to do better (I am an eternal dissatisfied...).  I still have work to do and I think in all modesty that I can improve the finish and details of my machined parts.  Obviously, I am not doing this for competitive purposes but only for my personal satisfaction. 

It is however very nice to see that all this is appreciated by other enthusiasts like you who aspire to take their projects to a second level for the love of the hobby!

As far as wristwatches are concerned, I still have a lot of crusts to eat but I know one or two who are closer than I am to that level and it inspires me to no end!!! 😉

Francis

6 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Francis, all I can say is WOW!!! I didn’t realize that I had missed so much of your progress. The colors look Amazing!! Oil pressure and temperature sending units, WOW!! The starter relay is spot on!! This would be Amazing in large scale, but what you are doing in 1/25th scale is beyond incredible!! It looks so lifelike! You haven’t missed a detail!! Top notch work all the way! 

Thanks Brian !

What I miss the most is having access to real physical measurements and I have to rely on photos found on the web to recreate my pieces.  Maybe overall it makes some sense and the final assembly will tell everything I think.  I have a good part of the engine compartment assembly completed and I must admit that it looks pretty promising, you'll be able to judge soon.  I just have to make the throttle cable support and I'll be able to mount the intake manifold and carburetor assembly in place.

Come back soon and you'll be able to judge for yourself! 😁

Francis

1 hour ago, charlie libby said:

bold choice of color . truly awesome! i love it.sorry i havent been on for awhile francis. i like to keep up with you, can not wait to see the truck assembled. wild colors.charlie

Thanks Charlie,  I was a little afraid of being crucified but it seems that it passes the test, at least for those who talked about it...  Nice to hear from you, winter is hanging on here in the north, I hope the temperature is not too bad in the south.  The truck is going well (by my standards...) and I hope to finish it soon, I can't wait to start a new project...

Francis

Hello everyone,

I made the throttle cable bracket and took the time to upload some pictures to show you what it looks like.  I can tell you that there is a lot of stuff under the hood but all the elements have found their place...

I'll do the final installation tomorrow and I'll upload some pictures of the engine compartment before my work week starts. 

See you soon,

Francis

The throttle bracket was handmade using 0.005" aluminum, the return spring was also handmade using a small wire from a turn signal coil.625_Throttle_Bracket_Prog_1.JPG.998bcf46d9161ecd090af976864844e1.JPG

I use my finger to give you an idea of the size (I have little fingers by the way...). 😁626_Throttle_Bracket_Prog_2.JPG.5057bcd0982af5afa047b140b2b6ad52.JPG

Adjustment test on the intake manifold, it will soon be definitively mounted on the HEMI.627_Throttle_Bracket_Test.JPG.0aa39541d64a3cdec3027e4f8bd442e1.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Francis!

Wow, spectacular work, again. That anodized spring makes my day. 

Now, if I may: I think NHRA regulations require two springs, in case one breaks at full throttle.

Here's the deal: I won't tell the NHRA tech inspector, if you chip in for the burgers at our next lunch... What do you say? 

Seriously, world class work again. Keep on!

CT 

2 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Hello everyone,

I made the throttle cable bracket and took the time to upload some pictures to show you what it looks like.  I can tell you that there is a lot of stuff under the hood but all the elements have found their place...

I'll do the final installation tomorrow and I'll upload some pictures of the engine compartment before my work week starts. 

See you soon,

Francis

The throttle bracket was handmade using 0.005" aluminum, the return spring was also handmade using a small wire from a turn signal coil.625_Throttle_Bracket_Prog_1.JPG.998bcf46d9161ecd090af976864844e1.JPG

I use my finger to give you an idea of the size (I have little fingers by the way...). 😁626_Throttle_Bracket_Prog_2.JPG.5057bcd0982af5afa047b140b2b6ad52.JPG

Adjustment test on the intake manifold, it will soon be definitively mounted on the HEMI.627_Throttle_Bracket_Test.JPG.0aa39541d64a3cdec3027e4f8bd442e1.JPG

Killer! 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Francis!

Wow, spectacular work, again. That anodized spring makes my day. 

Now, if I may: I think NHRA regulations require two springs, in case one breaks at full throttle.

Here's the deal: I won't tell the NHRA tech inspector, if you chip in for the burgers at our next lunch... What do you say? 

Seriously, world class work again. Keep on!

CT 

Thanks Claude!

You are a true NHRA encyclopedia my friend...  I'm going to have to redo my homework on my next project or keep you in my closet for your knowledge with every piece produced!  Alright, I'll buy your silence and the burger will be on my arm.

Actually I win on all counts, I go under the radar and eat a good burger in good company... 😉

Francis

Hello everyone,

This is what I could call a milestone in the build, the engine compartment is 99% complete, I only have minor details to add but overall, I can say mission accomplished !!!  Everything fit as planned and I can now move on to the bed and all the elements I made to fit in it.  I don't know how many times I assembled and disassembled the bed before painting it so it should be fine...

I don't have much comment to add to explain the pictures, I think that as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words, I hope you'll like it, on my side I'm quite satisfied !

See you soon, Francis

I still need to install the brake lines on the master cylinder and on the brake line lock selenoid.689_Underhood_Detail_1.jpg.8aaa07521e70745adf1bceebb7ec3485.jpg

View from another angle, It gives you a good idea but in all modesty, I must say that it is even better in real life.690_Underhood_Detail_2.jpg.5f234174e6349d91a3a030af153df9c7.jpg

• Like 2