Model Cars Magazine Forum

Haven't been around much this past week

This is probably only the second time I have logged on in ten days.  My wife has been suffering with severe back pain for a couple of months.  We finally got her an appointment with a neurosurgeon NEXT MONTH.  This blasted virus has so disrupted every part of decent civilization.  Anyway, Saturday the 13th she complained of being extremely cold (78 F outside) and was shaking uncontrollably.  Thinking it may be coming from the back I called 911 and had her transported to a hospital (at least that is what their sign says, that is another story altogether).  They did some CAT scans and discovered a severe infection of the kidney/bladder area.  They also discovered some thickening of the adrenal gland and some malformation of the lymph nodes in that area.  Long story short she has been diagnosed with cancer around the kidney.  They also performed an endoscopy and discovered two ulcers.  Right now we are waiting for results of a bone scan to see if there is any correlation between the cancer and her back pain.  Once all that is done they will develop a treatment plan.  The wife and I discussed it and our decision is to transfer her to another hospital, closer to home, less crowded, and I hope a better organized operational staff.  So, not knowing what is coming down the road I will probably not be on as much as I would like.  SHE is the most important part of my life right now and I am going to do everything I can to get her well - GOD willing.

• 1 month later...