Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1971 Boss 351 Mustang

14 minutes ago, Perspective Customs said:

So there's 3 versions of this kit? The Revell site shows Product #07699 and Model Set Product #67699. Tower Hobbies is showing the Carrera Revell version #RMX 14512. All with different prices.

Anyone know what the difference is between the 3?

Maybe if they are boxed in a Euro style or US style box? Otherwise it should be the same kit. 

27 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

One is the US boxing. Then there's the standard Euro boxing and the one with paint, brushes and glue included.

I am told that the US and Revell Germany kit versions are identical throughout other than the box art.  The instruction sheet/paint guide is done in the worldwide/10 language format and the decal sheet has 72 individual decals.  Apparently, US kit builders are to follow the UK (Great Britain) language key.  Future Revell kits are reportedly to follow the same approach. 

TB 

4 hours ago, tim boyd said:

I am told that the US and Revell Germany kit versions are identical throughout other than the box art.  The instruction sheet/paint guide is done in the worldwide/10 language format and the decal sheet has 72 individual decals.  Apparently, US kit builders are to follow the UK (Great Britain) language key.  Future Revell kits are reportedly to follow the same approach. 

TB 

“Gall darn it, what is with this bonnet and boot talk?” 😆

• Haha 4

On 7/9/2023 at 2:58 PM, Luc Janssens said:

One is the US boxing. Then there's the standard Euro boxing and the one with paint, brushes and glue included.

Exactly. This is from Revell:

"They are all the same kits,

07699 with the packaging for Europe,

67699 for Europe, as a model set with 3 colors, brush and glue,

14512- with the packaging (different design) for the USA.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Michael Schmee"

• Like 3

Has anyone in the USA received a kit yet from a recent order (regardless of which company).  The online shop I ordered them from last month still shows them as not in stock.  I’ve seen a few online shops on Ebay showing they have them ready to ship.

10 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Has anyone in the USA received a kit yet from a recent order (regardless of which company).  The online shop I ordered them from last month still shows them as not in stock.  I’ve seen a few online shops on Ebay showing they have them ready to ship.

yes ,as others have stated my two i ordered ,one from mega hobby has shipped,and hobby nut will have it in stock today/tommorow,i have seen a couple listed on e bay already also

Model Roundup is showing an availability date of Friday, so maybe I'll have my preorders next week... looking forward to them.

Edit: just got a shipping notice email from Model Roundup for them...woo hoo!

Edited by Rob Hall

I will be really interested in hearing the reactions of those of you who get the kit in your hands in the next several weeks, as well as those who complete early builds of the kit itself (one piece of advice for those who do build....follow the instructions really closely....and if something doesn't seem to fit right, rather than try to modify the part, look at the instructions a second time...)    

Best...TIM  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tim boyd said:

I will be really interested in hearing the reactions of those of you who get the kit in your hands in the next several weeks, as well as those who complete early builds of the kit itself (one piece of advice for those who do build....follow the instructions really closely....and if something doesn't seem to fit right, rather than try to modify the part, look at the instructions a second time...)    

Best...TIM  

Hmm, sounds like you're looking for a second kit 😉

Just messing with ya.

PS still no sight of the Euro boxing in my neck of the woods.

PPS Great review Tim.

Edited by Luc Janssens

45 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

Best...TIM  

The pictures of the parts trees don't match the actual trees, and there's an extra fan shroud.

5 hours ago, fairlane1320 said:

The pictures of the parts trees don't match the actual trees, and there's an extra fan shroud.

Is the extra shroud thinner?  The 429 had a noticeably thinner one so perhaps it’s for the Mach1 version that’s sure to follow.

IMG_9097.jpeg

IMG_9101.jpeg

IMG_9102.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

4 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Best...TIM  

What be this "look at the instructions a second time" of which you speak? 😁

1 minute ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Bond car's a Mach 1 429CJ, right?

I believe so..the descriptions I've read of the Bond kit says 429... it was unusual in that it was a stripe delete car..hopefully, Revell will provide Mach 1 striping in the kit (or maybe save those for another release down the line).